PDA

View Full Version : Xindak USB Dac 8 with volume control, solid state and valve with extras

loosend
07-08-2011, 11:01
My Xindak Dac 8 is now up for sale, due to upgrade.It's a Dac/pre in theory but only has digital inputs tho, the unit looks lovely, modern, huge thick panels and is built like an absolute tank

!The remote that comes with it swell is something in itself, a solid chunk of aluminum carved out to hold the inners, it's very chunky and heavy for a remote.

Now for the sound, the vocals on this unit in either solid state via the xlrs or rcas are wonderful, articulate, focused and airy, with the valve side they are wonderfully smooth and engrossing but never laid back or forward they sit just right in the soundstage, they are just silky and draw u in, it's a great sounding Dac for a silly price!

There is a good bandwidth and dynamics, sound staging is precise but not clinical and there is a good bit of bounce to keep the music flowing and hopping along.The valves side uses ecc88, e88cc, 6922 and variants of these.

I can provide a pair of boxed NOS Phillips 6922 which i just bought from AlanB for use on the valve side of things and a Wireworld 2m Ultraviolet USB cable if u wanna go pc with it.

The Dac has 16 and 24bit settings and goes up to 192khz all vis the remote and has a digital volume also.

Connections are optical, coax and USB in.
Xlr out and RCA for solid state and RCA for the valve side, all 3 work simultaneously together

I bought this from Wickfut at the start of the year and have loved every minute with it but an upgrade calls.

I paid £450 plus post

I will let it go for £400 with the USB cable and Phillips tubes, I may also be kind enough to throw in a clearer audio mains lead!