PDA

View Full Version : I should have been at the Big Chill, however...

WAD62
07-08-2011, 08:33
Like every August since '99 I was looking forward to the Big Chill festival, myself and some like minded mates have made it an annual ritual. Ok It's not what it was but it's still a good mix of stuff.

Unfortunately my daft cat Spike decided to come runner up in Earsdon's biggest cat fight last week, he's a handy lightweight, a bit of a Sugar Ray Leonard, unfortunately another cat resembling Mike Tyson has moved into the area...big enough to bite him through the head and eye in one chomp (ouch!) :(

The poor lad's had his cornea cauterised and his inner eyelid stitched to his top one in an attempt to save his eye, and therefore requires a collar.

There's nothing quite as miserable as a cat in a surgical collar, his 'mojo' has completely gone ;)

3 more days and the stitches are out, and we'll see if it was a success or not, the vet said 50:50 so fingers crossed.

Meanwhile I'll await the next text from my mates, as to who they're dancing round in the sun to...Bugger!!!

The Grand Wazoo
07-08-2011, 08:37
Ouch!
Fingers crossed for the little guy.

WAD62
07-08-2011, 08:51
Ouch!
Fingers crossed for the little guy.

Cheers Chris, it's tough to see the little chap struggling round in the collar, and if the operation's not a success he'll have to go through it all again...minus the eye. :(

The vet stated that we could try taking the collar off after a few days, so yesterday was the fourth day and we gave it a try. After he'd finished washing himself (he'd been sick in his collar the night after the op euuuggghh!), he started scratching his eye with his back leg...they just can't help it! So the collar was straight back on...but at least washed this time.

Time to invent a cat resistant eye-patch...should make him look a bit tougher on the streets :)

Marco
07-08-2011, 12:16
Awww, Will... That's an absolute sin! :(

I do hope Spike makes a full recovery, and not just in the physical sense, as the emotional trauma he's been through will also have taken its toll.

Anyway, here's hoping he'll be back to his old self soon, with his eyesight in stereo! :)

Marco.

WAD62
07-08-2011, 12:20
Awww, Will... That's an absolute sin! :(

I do hope Spike makes a full recovery, and not just in the physical sense, as the emotional trauma he's been through will also have taken its toll.

Anyway, here's hoping he'll be back to his old self soon, with his eyesight in stereo! :)

Marco.

Cheers Marco, he needs stereo to measure his left jab...:)

Marco
07-08-2011, 12:23
Indeed..... Revenge shall be his! :eyebrows:

Marco.

WAD62
07-08-2011, 13:26
Indeed..... Revenge shall be his! :eyebrows:

Marco.

...his thought patterns are definitely in that direction, I've just found him out in 'fight alley' waiting...he'd jumped over a ten foot fence at the bottom of my garden, in his cone ;)

He's now confined to house arrest...till such time as he can defend himself properly :)

Nutter!!! ;)

Richardl
17-08-2011, 23:38
Sorry to hear about your cat.

If It's any conciliation, the big chill was the worst ive been so far, it was empty.
The music on the main stages was terrible, there was no atmosphere, probably due there being hardly anyone there.
After 12am was good though, we saw a few good groups.

Thing Fish
17-08-2011, 23:53
I hope he pulls through. Poor wee chap.

By the way tell him not to look up too much when it rains...!

WAD62
18-08-2011, 14:29
Sorry to hear about your cat.

If It's any conciliation, the big chill was the worst ive been so far, it was empty.
The music on the main stages was terrible, there was no atmosphere, probably due there being hardly anyone there.
After 12am was good though, we saw a few good groups.

Cheers Richard...

My mates have reported back in similar fashion, looks like we'll have to find somewhere new for next year...it's been gradually going away from the original ethos for a while now...Although last year's music was excellent, but it felt like a Mini Glastonbury as opposed to the Big Chill :)

"Leave No Trace!"....:lolsign:

WAD62
18-08-2011, 14:37
I hope he pulls through. Poor wee chap.

Cheers Dave...well he's had his stitches out and his collar off for a week now, it took him about 5 days to come back in the house...he seemed to have stored up his anger, and gave me some fearful snarls when I tried to bring him back in.

His eye looks like he's lost the vision in it, but he seems happy enough so that's the main thing, the only concern is that if the scarring to the cornea doesn't heal he'll have to have the eye removed. I'm more worried about putting him through another operation than anything, I don't think the poor lad could take it. So fingers crossed it heals even if his vision is impared.

I'll not post any pictures of it, it's not for the nervous...but it doesn't seem to be bothering him so that's the main thing ;)

Richardl
20-08-2011, 07:05
"Leave No Trace!"....:lolsign:

Damm right there, last year was disgusting, I don't think this year was as big of a problem, this is the view out of our tent :lol:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b131/richardl10/IMG_1549a.jpg

I think only in the UK, would someone miss a festival for his pet, I like the fact, we're a nation of animal lovers, I think it's something to be proud of.....we don't seem to have had much to be proud over here recently.

WAD62
25-08-2011, 10:16
Well it's now 3 weeks since he had his stitches out, and 2 weeks after the collar removal...fingers crossed his eye appears to be improving gradually.

I doubt he'll ever see properly through it again, but as long as he doesn't need another op I'm happy, and he's back to his old self, and enjoying life...:)

Richard which camping field were you in, that looks deserted, did you take the shot on Monday? :eek:

Richardl
25-08-2011, 18:22
Well it's now 3 weeks since he had his stitches out, and 2 weeks after the collar removal...fingers crossed his eye appears to be improving gradually.

I doubt he'll ever see properly through it again, but as long as he doesn't need another op I'm happy, and he's back to his old self, and enjoying life...:)

Richard which camping field were you in, that looks deserted, did you take the shot on Monday? :eek:

That's great news about your cat.
We were in the yellow campsite, which is a bit further out than we usually stay.
The pic was taken on the Sunday, I just wanted my friends to see how deserted it was, even the red and purple camping was really quiet compared to usual.

WAD62
08-09-2011, 18:49
FFS!!!

As of yesterday morning his eye was looking excellent, the scars were diminishing, and he looked as if he was able to see through it again...

This morning the kitchen was trashed, cat fur everywhere, and the same eye has been ripped again...whoever his adversary is he has a good repeatable technique in eye gouging.

The word exasperated barely covers it!!!

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::steam:

Marco
08-09-2011, 20:16
:( :( :(

That other cat needs sorted out, dude!

Marco.

Rare Bird
08-09-2011, 21:01
Yes it does..

Alex_UK
08-09-2011, 22:02
Poor little bugger. And the moggy, as well as you Will! :(

aquapiranha
08-09-2011, 23:36
I hope your cat gets better, poor thing. I have to be careful with my cat who is 12 now as next door has four cats, all a lot younger and fitter than she is!

WAD62
09-09-2011, 08:57
Cheers chaps, fingers crossed we've got some antibiotics in quickly enough, and the fact that a healing process was already going on in the eye might help...just so long as we don't need to go down the collar/operation route again...:doh:

I need some cat safety goggles ;)

As for the other cat, he needs a good sharp aquatic shock, preferably 15 mins in a walk-in shower, failing that a bit of hosepipe action...but he's an elusive fecker...:)

WAD62
16-09-2011, 14:03
...or unlucky, I don't know which to choose :)

I remember a question on QI about the luckiest guy in the world, a Japanese salesman who'd survived both the Hiroshima & Nagasaki atomic bombs...or perhaps the most unlucky, to have escaped one and headed headlong into another...who knows

Anyway Spike seems to have overcome the second 'eye gouging' incident, perhaps the other cat has Argentinian blood (that's one for the rugby followers).

He'll probably have restricted vision, but the ulcers have healed...hurrah!!! And it looks like most of the fur was from the other cat, he's not been seen since...so fingers crossed.

:cool: