PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Shure M75 with stylus if possible.

The Black Adder
06-08-2011, 18:15
Hi,

Has anyone got an M75 cart going? I'm after a Jico SAS stylus too but that might be a wish too far. But a decent stylus would be quite alright for now.

.. or V15

Cheers
Joe

tony t
07-08-2011, 08:27
I have a Shure M75EJ Type II that I am not using atm. PM sent.
Tony

DSJR
07-08-2011, 15:27
I have a few M75 bodies (ED and ME-ED) but with no usable styli. If the 75-EJ stylus comes up as surplus I'd be grateful, although I'd love an original Shure ED one if it has the thin original cantilever in usable condition please..

Can anyone here confirm or deny that the V15 mk2 and M75-ED are similar of not practically identical in performance as I understand the coils etc inside the bodies were similar? I seem to remember the V15 II had a naked diamod, the M75-E/91-E had a bonded diamond and when the V15 III came out, the next-step-down "E's" were given the naked treatment and called the "ED" series, thus lifting the 75-ED basically to V15 II standard.

icehockeyboy
07-08-2011, 16:51
I have had a lot of the variants of the M75, and V 15's 11 & 111, and I believe the V series to be way in front in terms of sq to any M75.

By the way, this was back when my hearing was good. :)

DSJR
07-08-2011, 20:12
The V15 series did generally get better with each incarnation (I have examples of each from the II, although this latter doesn't have an intact cantilever :( ). The IV was a bit misunderstood - less harsh than the elliptical III and may come into its own with an SAS stylus on it. I loved my V15VMR in the Dual 701, the soundscape smaller than with a "real" turntable, but it was all there and in the right proportion, just smaller..

Jico do seem to have pushed the boat out with the SAS Shure styli they do and I reckon they really take their responsibilities for this brand's top models very seriously. I wonder what an SAS would do for an M55???????????

Dingdong
08-08-2011, 16:19
I've got a V15 IV with a buggered stylus if that's any use.