PDA

View Full Version : "this one time, at band camp"

Alex_UK
04-08-2011, 11:07
Not sure if anyone else has discovered bandcamp.com (http://bandcamp.com) - but basically it is a music download store where artists can upload their tracks, and us, the punters can try, and if you like - buy them. This could mean that there is a lot of potential dross that hasn't naturally been signed to a label, but in my experience, that's not the case. The site has been around for about a year, but now has a good catalogue of music which is easily searchable and "tagged" into genres.

A great place to explore new music - you can listen to the tracks/albums in their entirety before deciding to part with your hard earned, and most of the albums I've checked out are available in a variety of formats, including FLAC. Some stuff is free, and some on a "pay what you like" basis. Many artists will also sell you a "physical" copy too, if you don't want to download.

Worth a look if you need any more encouragement to check out new artists - and I personally think this is a great initiative and the future for a lot of independent artists who will self-promote via Twitter and Facebook etc.

Enjoy! :)

Ali Tait
04-08-2011, 12:48
What a good idea, thanks Alex, I will have a look.