PDA

View Full Version : New Jumpers?

icehockeyboy
03-08-2011, 10:50
Currently using a length of QED SA as jumpers, and I think they sound good, but just got to thinking as so many people hate the stuff, I would ask for suggestions of cable jumpers that you have used and found good.

Before you suggest the old "stick the cable through both terminals" thing, I would, but the Belkins have some nice banana plugs on them, so I won't be doing that.

Previously I have had various after market ones, Chord Odyssey, and some far more expensive ones, the brand of which I can't remember!

Having been in the radio and club business for a hundred years, and have my headphones too loud,I am looking for what many people would describe as an enhanced top end, hence my use of the SA's, suggestions please, feel free to suggest strips of a particular speaker cable that has the "qualities" of my needs! :)

Gazjam
03-08-2011, 15:35
bit warm for jumpers Craig ;)

My speakers are biwired and i went through a phase of trying different ideas for jumpers between the posts.

Best I found (by a wee bit actually) was a length of "Anticable".

I just bought half a meter of the bare wire and used that, but you can buy proper jumper cables for a reasonable ammount?
See here for the website. http://www.anticables.com/jumpers.html

I use a length of the bare cable and it really is "fit n forget"

cheers
Gaz.

icehockeyboy
03-08-2011, 15:41
Thanks Gaz! Incidentally I am enjoying the VU meters I believe you co designed on the SBT!

As far as the jumpers are concerned, I just found two short pieces of Chord Ley Line, which preceded the Odyssey cable in my kit, and as they were around 6" each, just stuck them in..........they blew the QED stuff away completely!

I believe I won't better them unless I spend serious bucks, and for a strange reason don't want to go back down the Odyssey route again, there must have been a valid reason why I got rid in the first place, although probably to spend a silly amount of money on something I believed was better.............?

Tim
03-08-2011, 17:30
I always use the same cable as my main run for jumpers. Gave up bi-wiring awhile ago.

worthingpagan
03-08-2011, 18:56
Having been in the radio and club business for a hundred years,

100 years and you haven't half hinched any decent cable yet :doh:

Effem
03-08-2011, 19:07
I might have something here that would be just the ticket Craig. I am offering it to you FREE on the basis that you fit, forget and STFU about them!!!! :eyebrows:

Rare Bird
03-08-2011, 23:35
:lolsign:

worthingpagan
04-08-2011, 07:47
I might have something here that would be just the ticket Craig. I am offering it to you FREE on the basis that you fit, forget and STFU about them!!!! :eyebrows:

:lol: :lolsign:

Effem
04-08-2011, 08:20

I have in mind a set of pure solid silver jumpers for you Craig so let me know if you will accept my offer :eyebrows:

Gazjam
04-08-2011, 11:54
Thanks Gaz! Incidentally I am enjoying the VU meters I believe you co designed on the SBT!

As far as the jumpers are concerned, I just found two short pieces of Chord Ley Line, which preceded the Odyssey cable in my kit, and as they were around 6" each, just stuck them in..........they blew the QED stuff away completely!

I believe I won't better them unless I spend serious bucks, and for a strange reason don't want to go back down the Odyssey route again, there must have been a valid reason why I got rid in the first place, although probably to spend a silly amount of money on something I believed was better.............?

*shucks*
Had fun doing them Craig :)

Good you found something your happy with, I take though it your using rhodium plated spade connectors with them for best electrical transfer?
Google them, or alternatively gratefully accept Franks kind offer.. ;)

Frank, if I moan about stuff, anything I can have? :ner:

Alex_UK
04-08-2011, 11:58

I must admit, I really keep wanting to post about that XTZ Desire amp that does 50 watts of class A - send it to me immediately Frank, and I shall say no more about it! ;) :lol:

Effem
04-08-2011, 12:49

You don't have the same naive charm that Craig has Gazza :lol:

Effem
04-08-2011, 12:51
I must admit, I really keep wanting to post about that XTZ Desire amp that does 50 watts of class A - send it to me immediately Frank, and I shall say no more about it! ;) :lol:

Only if you collect wearing the pink frilly basque and suspenders we keep hearing about :lolsign:

Alex_UK
04-08-2011, 13:18
Only if you collect wearing the pink frilly basque and suspenders we keep hearing about :lolsign:

That's almost worth it, but I suspect with 600+ miles in the car the old suzzies will chafe a bit! :D

icehockeyboy
04-08-2011, 13:58
I have in mind a set of pure solid silver jumpers for you Craig so let me know if you will accept my offer :eyebrows:

Are you kidding??? I would gladly STFU with bells on for that Extremely Kind offer Frank old friend! :)

icehockeyboy
10-08-2011, 14:29
Just received and installed the silver jumpers Effem was sooooo very kind to give me, and remembering his "STFU" about the topic, I am pleased to tell you my cable jumper chasing days are over.

These are really exquisite, I have been listening to music and hearing stuff I wasn't aware of.

That's it, I hereby STFU on the topic, but first.....THANK'S Frank! :cool:

worthingpagan
10-08-2011, 15:36
Just received and installed the silver jumpers Effem was sooooo very kind to give me, and remembering his "STFU" about the topic, I am pleased to tell you my cable jumper chasing days are over.

These are really exquisite, I have been listening to music and hearing stuff I wasn't aware of.

That's it, I hereby STFU on the topic, but first.....THANK'S Frank! :cool:

3 cheers for Craig hip hip, & 3 cheers for Frank, hip hip :lol::cool:

Effem
10-08-2011, 19:24
Glad it has hit the spot for you Craig and this is also an oblique "thanks" too for Marco who spread the love around when he let me play with some valves when I did some tube rolling a while back :cool:

Besides, anyone who reckons QED SA sounds good NEEDS all the help he can get :lolsign:

Enjoy :eyebrows: