PDA

View Full Version : FS or Swap: CR Developments Romulus integrated valve amp

jandl100
03-08-2011, 08:29
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/CRDevRomulusf.jpg

This is the export version, and comes with gold knobs and trimmings - looks lovely in fact - and I suspect the Export has upgraded transformers, but I'm not sure.

No remote control.
Documentation including full circuit diagram.
Excellent valves installed (see review thread linked below).
Box, packing, valve bias meter and plug-in adjustment doo-dad - very easy to use.
Pre-amp input sockets, which bypass the volume control/pre-amp circuitry, so can be used as a power amp.

Comes with a valve cage that, err, doesn't quite fit properly! The screw holes don't quite aline - but I suspect they could be made to fit with a bit of tinkering. God bless small English hifi companies. :doh::eyebrows:

About 5 years old, I am told - I bought this from Paul / mrwippy (Wigwam) earlier this year.
Excellent condition & perfect working order.

See my Wigwam review thread here. Comments and arguments about valves, plus a view from AlanB who came to my place and heard it. http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?53576-CR-Developments-Romulus-valve-integrated-amp.

£650 - which is what I paid Paul - a stunning bargain, imho.
Swaps or px for interesting gear always considered. :)

I feel I should hang on to this lovely amp for when I next get a tube hankering, but I suspect my big MBL speakers have now got used to having several hundred solid state watts up 'em and won't be prepared to take less! :nono: :)
It's a shame for it to be left sitting on my shelf, unused. So if someone would like to enjoy its fine sound, let me know.

I could post this, as the packing is extremely good, but I would feel better with collection (GL17) or meet-up somewhere.

Effem
03-08-2011, 09:07
Bugger, bugger, and thrice bugger!

I have heard this amp first hand and what a joy it was to listen to. If my little hi-fi buying piggy bank wasn't empty right now I would have it off this man in a heartbeat :eyebrows:

Not only is it a delight to listen to, it really does look ace too sat in a rack

Buy this amp quick someone before I resort to advertising my kidneys to raise the cash :ner:

jandl100
06-08-2011, 20:41
SOLD ... stp etc :)