PDA

View Full Version : May the NuForce be with you ?

Peter Stockwell
23-10-2008, 12:35
I've trawled a bit here, and looked at the website. These babies look serieously intresting for a, hmmm, mini system!

If you own or have heard this amps please chip in.

Thanks

Filterlab
23-10-2008, 12:41
I have, mini system stuff they're not! They are absolute power house killers with audiophile toppling levels of transparency and clout. This is Class D amplification at it's absolute finest, especially the 9SE V2.0 monoblocs, superb amps. :)

Steve Toy
23-10-2008, 12:41
They are rather better than what you'd find in a mini system but not really my cup of tea. But then I'm into valves.

This system put together at Audio Affair in Birmingham by hiaudio includes the Nuforce amps:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/438/pictures10708010zl6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1ryal
23-10-2008, 14:13
I came across a set of these at the Northern show last year.

They were driving some diminutive Robson acoustics speakers with ribbon tweeters, have to say that from my recollection that system sounded mighty fine, and certainly had plenty of grunt. Agree that they do look mighty fine, copper coloured nice looking boxes on that occasion.

Mighty nice system that Hmmmmmmmm

Filterlab
23-10-2008, 16:09
I came across a set of these at the Northern show last year.

They were driving some diminutive Robson acoustics speakers with ribbon tweeters...

Exactly where and how I heard them. :)

Togil
23-10-2008, 17:52
They are rather better than what you'd find in a mini system but not really my cup of tea. But then I'm into valves.

There are those like Len Gregory ( Cartridgeman ) who say that the 9SEs are the only amps to come close to his custom valve amps

Peter Stockwell
24-10-2008, 09:36
OK, when I said "mini" system that was tongue in cheek. They're small and by audiophool standards not horribly expensive. Not cheap, either. They would also run cool.

Now what I have to work out is how to get there;)