PDA

View Full Version : Truly TERRIFIC news for everyone here that hates Apple!!

Neil McCauley
29-07-2011, 13:32
Mana from heaven:

Comment up-dated 17:28 29/7/2011 > THE ABOVE COMMENT WAS MEANT TO BE IRONIC!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14340470

sq225917
29-07-2011, 16:14
I'm not quite certain where the good news for Apple haters is. Should we be happy because they are a well functioning company with a sizeable war chest, or should we be happy because the US government is basically bankrupt?

Surely " Apple are the only good thing in America' would have been a more reasonable headline... ;-)

Simon.
Apple shareholder and employee of US based company.

Neil McCauley
29-07-2011, 16:24
I'm not quite certain where the good news for Apple haters is. Should we be happy because they are a well functioning company with a sizeable war chest, or should we be happy because the US government is basically bankrupt?

Surely " Apple are the only good thing in America' would have been a more reasonable headline... ;-)

Simon.
Apple shareholder and employee of US based company.

Oh dear - I should have included the word IRONIC in the original post.

Soreeeeeee.

i guess you guys have a ways to go before you catch up with us over here re IRONY. Ho hum.

As for me, I've got loads of the stuff. Started in 1984. BUT ..... I may well be in the minority on the forum. Check it out for yourself. Next time you bump into SJ, say "hello" to him from some din-wit limey with nothing better to do.

Personally, I rate what your boss has achieved very highly. I guess there's an AFF (AoS forum-fatwa) out on me right now.

-----------

Folkboy
29-07-2011, 20:22
"I respect others and expect the same in return."

Well that part of your sig doesn't seem to apply in this thread.

MartinT
29-07-2011, 21:30
Keep it clean please, people, and let's not start any pro/anti-Apple wars here.

Marco
29-07-2011, 21:32
Ian,

How dare you join this site and hurl abuse at people! I know you normally post on Wigwam, but on AoS we do things differently.

If you wish to remain here, two things need to happen:

1) Post in the Welcome area, introducing yourself properly.

2) Add you basic location details to your profile.

If you don't comply with the above, you will be banned with immediate effect.

Marco.

Ian Sampson
29-07-2011, 21:51
Ian,

How dare you join this site and hurl abuse at people! I know you normally post on Wigwam, but on AoS we do things differently.

If you wish to remain here, two things need to happen:

1) Post in the Welcome area, introducing yourself properly.

2) Add you basic location details to your profile.

If you don't comply with the above, you will be banned with immediate effect.

Marco.

Done.

Ian Sampson
29-07-2011, 22:04
Keep it clean please, people, and let's not start any pro/anti-Apple wars here.

Hiya Martin

It wasn't a pro/anti Apple war that riled me. It was the sneering, patronising attitude of someone who doesn't care about who he insults.

Best wishes

Ian

Tim
29-07-2011, 22:14
It was the sneering, patronising attitude of someone who doesn't care about who he insults.
. . . and this helps? :scratch:

Marco
29-07-2011, 22:33
No, indeed it doesn't.

Ian, thanks for complying with the joining procedure for new members (much appreciated), but let's leave it there now, as far as you're feelings for Howard are concerned - ta!

Marco.

sq225917
30-07-2011, 22:54
Howard, i work for 'An' American company- but not that one.