PDA

View Full Version : Screw

worthingpagan
28-07-2011, 22:44
Just wondered if anyone knew where I can locate the long screws that fit the Wattgate casing please? By that I mean replacements, i am aware of where the holes are ;) Cheers

In fact all the screws for the wattgate casing need replacing, so if anyone can help please?

Rare Bird
29-07-2011, 01:18
You rounded the heads ;) The trick is a good screwdriver, apply pressure when turning but do it very slowly :)

worthingpagan
29-07-2011, 09:34
You rounded the heads ;) The trick is a good screwdriver, apply pressure when turning but do it very slowly :)

Thanks Andre, I had no idea how to turn a screw :rolleyes:

Anyone know the gauge name & size for the screws please? :scratch:

worthingpagan
29-07-2011, 11:47
Can anyone please advise as to the name/gauge/size I will need for replacement cable clamp & casing screws please, pretty please? :confused:

worthingpagan
29-07-2011, 14:50
seems I can't get a screw for love nor money :lol:

Mark Grant
29-07-2011, 16:30
Not sure what size they are, nothing I have ever seen in B&Q etc.

how about emailing Bryan on the wattgate site ?
http://www.wattgate.com/contact/

-

MCRU
29-07-2011, 16:42
A brand new one is only £19.50, can you not stretch to that? :)

The screws are USA thread so no one over here makes them.

worthingpagan
29-07-2011, 17:25
A brand new one is only £19.50, can you not stretch to that? :)

The screws are USA thread so no one over here makes them.

LOL. it's not a case of not being able to buy a new one David.......i've got a few lying in a bag and I've lost the screws.........I don't like throwing things out when they still have life left in them, I was brought up watching "The Good Life" (blame my mum & dad) :lol:

MCRU
29-07-2011, 18:12
LOL. it's not a case of not being able to buy a new one David.......i've got a few lying in a bag and I've lost the screws.........I don't like throwing things out when they still have life left in them, I was brought up watching "The Good Life" (blame my mum & dad) :lol:

send them to me and I will hopefully send fully functional ones back free of charge as I also have a box full of cases etc, etc. I will clean the contact tangs for you in my ultrasonic cleaner

my address is on my website

Jonboy
29-07-2011, 20:25
Just a thought, Have you tried here (http://www.namrick.co.uk/), there not called the nut and bolt store for nothing and they are in Portland Road Hove

worthingpagan
29-07-2011, 22:16
Not sure what size they are, nothing I have ever seen in B&Q etc.

how about emailing Bryan on the wattgate site ?
http://www.wattgate.com/contact/

-

Cheers Mark, if can't find any that fit in this box i've just got i'll give it a go :cool:

David, thanks for your generous offer, again, if i can't find any in this box I will contact you, but you'll have to accept a drink at the very least..........i don't expect people to do things for nothing

Jonboy, thanks for the link, if all else fails i'll give them a go