PDA

View Full Version : FS: Morgan Audio 500 - dual mono stereo power amp

jandl100
24-07-2011, 16:21
Oh 'eck - take a look here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250860958311&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

You can have it for £270 + postage!

This is a stonker of a midi-sized power amp.
I'd keep it, except I've just bought meself a Parasound 250wpc A21 amp. :doh::eyebrows:
___

Hint - don't buy it on the eBay listing - or it'll cost you £300 ;)

jandl100
28-07-2011, 22:55
OK - I understand that this is not a well known make. ;) (Even though the smaller Morgan Audio Deva 300S integrated amp won Hifi+ Product of the Year award.)

I'll therefore offer a "full refund if you are not happy and hugely impressed" deal on this. I really am that confident in its abilities! :)

Just bear in mind that this is a genuine hi-rez amp with real dynamic clout, and may well not offer the laidback somnolence required by the Pipe & Slippers Brigade! This amp is not a cure for insomnia. :eyebrows:

Marco
28-07-2011, 23:15
Just bear in mind that this is a genuine hi-rez amp and may well not offer the laidback somnolence required by the Pipe & Slippers Brigade! :eyebrows:

Respect to anyone who would actually admit to being in that group!

Marco.

jandl100
28-07-2011, 23:31

Ha ha!! - you'd be amazed, Marco.

I know several folks who are very proud to say that they are members of the Pipe & Slipper Brigade. :zzz:

:lol:

Marco
28-07-2011, 23:45
Lol - if there are any here, they'll be hoofed onto the banned list, tout de suite! :yesbruv: :trust:

Marco.

jandl100
28-07-2011, 23:48
Nah - they are all denizens of the Wigwam. :)

Marco
28-07-2011, 23:51
Ha - thought so, and a good job, too! :lol: ;)

Marco.

jandl100
29-07-2011, 00:05
Doh - I had to re-do the eBay auction as they managed to bugger it up! :doh:

Here's the new listing - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250861515510&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

70wpc - 13Kg. Not a lightweight at all!

Here's some nice pics ...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/DSCF7026.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/DSCF7027.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/jandl100/Morganbassamp-internal.jpg

A gen-u-ine high end bargain for £270. Swaps / px also considered.
:)

dgdgdgdgdg
29-07-2011, 01:03
pm sent

jandl100
29-07-2011, 06:20
pm sent

PM replied to - give me a call, let's chat about it's suitability for your needs, Damian. :thumbsup:

jandl100
31-07-2011, 17:54
pm sent

Hello --- Hello --- calling Damian. Are you there? :)

Barry
31-07-2011, 19:41
Just bear in mind that this is a genuine hi-rez amp with real dynamic clout, and may well not offer the laidback somnolence required by the Pipe & Slippers Brigade! This amp is not a cure for insomnia.

Ha ha!! - You’d be amazed, Marco.

I know several folks who are very proud to say that they are members of the Pipe & Slipper Brigade.

Lol - if there are any here, they'll be hoofed onto the banned list, tout de suite!

Looks like I may as well say Goodbye!

I would much rather have a system that is comfortable to listen to; that entertained me, than a “high-rez” system that either drilled holes in my ears, or had me on the edge of my seat – not with excitement, but for the uncomfortable expectation it would all fall apart at any time.

Whilst some might want to be able to hear exactly the brand of guitar string used, if the drummer uses Pace or Zildjian cymbals, or if a pianist uses a Steinway or a Bosendorfer piano: “Frankly my dear - I couldn’t give a damn”.

Time to put on my slippers and light my pipe!

Marco
31-07-2011, 20:22
Haha... :lol:

Well, Barry, having enjoyed listening to music with you on a number of occasions, and getting a handle on how you like it reproduced through a system, I don't think that the 'Pipe & Slippers Brigade' would have you! :eyebrows:

You've heard my system on a few occasions, which is about as far from being 'Pipe & Slippers' as you can get, and enjoyed music on it for many hours, as you've obviously done with Dave's system, in Conwy, which also isn't 'Pipe & Slippers', so I don't think you qualify as being part of the breed!

The problem is that both "high-rez" (in the sense that Jerry meant it) and "Pipe & Slippers" are highly subjective terms, and so one man's "high-rez" could be someone else's "Pipe & Slippers", and vice versa....

Without going into unnecessary detail, as after all this discussion is taking place in the classifieds section, basically "Pipe & Slippers", to me, is an applicable description when individual components, or a system, have a 'warm and cuddly' sound, where there is little dynamics present, making music sound 'soft' and overly 'polite', and when the bass is too full sounding, loose and lacking in impact.

I haven't heard your system yet, mate, but I seriously doubt it sounds like that!!

And anyway, even if it did, it's there to give you pleasure, no-one else, so you'd be quite right to say: 'Frankly, I don't give a damn!' ;)

Marco.