PDA

View Full Version : Celestion Ditton 22

Tweedle-Dee
24-07-2011, 12:13
I must admit to knowing very little about Celestion Ditton speakers, so defer to the collective wisdom here. I picked up this pair of Ditton 22 from a house clearance earlier this year and have been impressed by their solid bass, projected mid range and sweet treble. I believe the HF and mid range units to be the same as those used in the (only slightly larger) Ditton 33. The bass units in the Ditton 22 are approx. 8" compared with the 10", I believe, to be fitted to the Ditton 33.

The baffles and grills are in nigh perfect condition and the drivers as well, save for some light oxidation on the aluminium frames of the bass drivers. The cabinets have some scratches here and there, really in keeping with their age; nothing that a little work wouldn't bring back to near perfect. As they stand, they are more than acceptable in a domestic setting.

I have little idea of their value, so open to all serious offers here. A pair of Ditton 33 in very similar condition sold for £142 recently on eBay, but I have not been looking long enough to get a rough idea of the value of their smaller cousins. I reckon I probably paid over the odds for them, so basically want to recoup at least a proportion of my outlay. I would be happy to supply detailed photos on request and postage would be at cost using as economical a service as I can find.

Many thnaks for your interest,

Kind regards,
TD

DSJR
24-07-2011, 14:40
Can you not use them yourself? they are rather good you know ;)

Tweedle-Dee
25-07-2011, 10:26
Thanks for that Dave

I'd love to be in a position to keep them, but a growing interest in DIY speakers and an increasing stash of vintage drivers, OB projects, etc, means space is at a premium - hence my wish to se these re-homed.

Cheers,
TD

Tweedle-Dee
05-11-2011, 19:27
Still available - anyone?

Rare Bird
05-11-2011, 19:36
How much? But i think the postage may be an issue from NI

Wakefield Turntables
05-11-2011, 19:39
Thanks for that Dave

I'd love to be in a position to keep them, but a growing interest in DIY speakers and an increasing stash of vintage drivers, OB projects, etc, means space is at a premium - hence my wish to se these re-homed.

Cheers,
TD

You might just want to keep these, I'm a big Celestion convert. I have a pair of 15xr's which were transformed when Andre (thanks again) supplied me with a couple of new caps. I've listened to several pairs of 70's speakers now and can say that celestion are some of the most impressive I've heards.

Tweedle-Dee
05-11-2011, 20:05
Thanks guys - if someone else doesn't want them, I will have a go a refurbishing 'em and upgrading caps, cables, etc. I just wanted to give it one last go as I have a few speaker projects in the wings.

In terms of price - I gave 80 Euro for them, and would be looking to get close to this back. I do realise that transport from NI might be prohibitive - Parcelforce does cost the same throughout most of the UK, however...

Kind regards,
T.D.

Rare Bird
05-11-2011, 20:27
Well 80 Euro is around £68/69.00, how much do you think postage is?

Tweedle-Dee
05-11-2011, 21:15
....if the weight listed online of 14.5 kg a pair is correct, looks like Parcelforce48 is £20.99 plus insurance - should be less than £30 all in