PDA

View Full Version : Sell or keep?

joey
17-07-2011, 08:46
Hi all,

I can't decide if i should sell a pair of 60's goodmans maxium speakers i have.

I Dont use them much and thinking about packaging them up for the forsealable furture, But then that could be a waste of such nice speakers.

I know if i sell them i will never have a pair again :/

Really not sure what to do with them.

The Grand Wazoo
17-07-2011, 09:18
It sounds like if you go with your heart, you'll keep them.
Go with your heart, matey - I would!

Rare Bird
17-07-2011, 09:31
i'll use em for you joe :lolsign:

norfifty
17-07-2011, 10:37
Perhaps you could indeed lend or rent them to another interested forum member, perhaps with a suitable surety, either for a fixed period or indefinitely but with a right to "recall"them? Obviouly that would depend on logistics /practical arrangements, but might give an answer to your dilemma.

joey
17-07-2011, 14:08
It sounds like if you go with your heart, you'll keep them.
Go with your heart, matey - I would!

I think im going to, I go through phases of them get them out listen for a couple of months then they go away for a year or so, Had them up for sale a few years ago but glad i didnt sell them then,

Im in the process of downsizing all my audio stuff most of what i own is rubbsih just never had the heart to throw it away, i think the Goodmans will be keepers for the time being.

zanash
22-07-2011, 09:05
why not sell both sets of speakers and then get some you really like !

nat8808
22-07-2011, 13:18
Goodmans Maxim? Is Maxium a typo?

Well...... Why would you never have a pair again?

Maxims appear all the time on Ebay.

If you sell them now and get £250 or whatever the going rate is, then you'll have £250 to play with buying some other hifi toy..

When you want the Maxims again, you sell the item you bought for what you paid (hopefully you chose wisely, bought a bargain that's now worth more than you paid!) and swap the cash back for some Maxims again.

Simple! Think of Ebay as a pawn shop that holds on to your gear until you're ready again. Just make sure you use that money from the Maxims wisely and don't piss it up the wall either down the pub or by paying over the odds for something.

Hey, you may even get lucky in the meantime and find another pair of Maxims at car boot sale for £10 or something..