PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Cartridge Tags

The Grand Wazoo
03-07-2011, 22:13
I'm looking for some short cartridge tags - has anyone got some cluttering up a drawer anywhere? I'm trying to get an Ultracraft arm working again - I tried some bought-en ones but they're too long & things just won't fit properly with them in place.

If you don't have any, maybe you know where I can get hold of some in the UK?

Cheers

Stratmangler
03-07-2011, 22:22
Hadcock used to sell them - might be worth an enquiry http://www.hadcock.co.uk/

The Grand Wazoo
03-07-2011, 22:31
Thanks Chris, I'll try them.

stewartwen
03-07-2011, 22:44
You could aslo try Rega for their coppertags, they are very short!

The Grand Wazoo
03-07-2011, 23:12
Thanks Stewart,
I'll try them tomorrow too!

Dominic Harper
03-07-2011, 23:57
Hi, PM me your address and I'l pop some in the post.
Dom

Barry
04-07-2011, 00:05
Hi Chris,

How short is “short”? Are these of any use?

http://www.analogueseduction.net/product/Michell_Engineering_Cartridge_Tags_MECT

Regards

The Grand Wazoo
04-07-2011, 00:08
Hi Barry,
I saw those earlier this evening, but I couldn't really tell much from the photo about their length, so I thought I'd see if anyone knew of anything else.

Barry
04-07-2011, 00:20
Hi Barry,
I saw those earlier this evening, but I couldn't really tell much from the photo about their length, so I thought I'd see if anyone knew of anything else.

How short do they need to be? I assume there is limited space on the Ultracraft arm between where the wires exit the arm tube and the cartridge pins of any cartridge so mounted.

The Grand Wazoo
04-07-2011, 00:27
Not really sure of the actual length in mm Barry. The ones I bought were typical of the type that currently seem to be all over Ebay & hifi dealers websites at the moment - much longer than the traditional type & the clip end is made up from a pair of opposing 'fish-tails', rather than the old curled over plate that makes a crimp-type cylinder shape that I know & love.
The upshot is that, with the fairly short leadout wires on the Ultracraft, and the proximity to the point where they exit the tube, it puts what I consider to be undue strain on the connections due to tight bends in the wires.

Barry
04-07-2011, 00:34
Not really sure of the actual length in mm Barry. The ones I bought were typical of the type that currently seem to be all over Ebay & hifi dealers websites at the moment - much longer than the traditional type & the clip end is made up from a pair of opposing 'fish-tails', rather than the old curled over plate that makes a crimp-type cylinder shape that I know & love.
The upshot is that, with the fairly short leadout wires on the Ultracraft, and the proximity to the point where they exit the tube, it puts what I consider to be undue strain on the connections due to tight bends in the wires.

I'll have a look to see what I have in my cartridge 'bits' box.