PDA

View Full Version : Martin Logan Aerius Hybrid Electrostatic

swampy
12-10-2008, 20:24
Fitted with brand new electrostatic panels at a cost of £500 about 18 months ago from absolute sounds by the last owner. Mint condition and always used in a non smoking environment. Teak wood trim. You will not find a better pair of these speakers and they are like a new pair. Collection only due to the delicate nature. Boxes for the new panels and speakers are available. Located just off J21 of M6.

I bought them off a friend earlier this year. I could not resist them due to the looks and incredible mid range even though I was looking for a small stand mount at the time better to suit my room.

I now finally have to admit they do not suit my bedroom where I use them. They look stunning and are one of the most elegant speakers I have seen. They have the most detailed mid range I have ever heard on any speaker to date with depth of field extending well behind the speaker. They need a push pull tube amp or sand amp to drive them properly (4R). A high power set like a 813 might be ok.

890 offers.

If they don't sell I'm not too bothered. I know selling these for a pair of stand mounts will be a downgrade.

David