PDA

View Full Version : Thank you guys...

Yoga
29-06-2011, 23:17
... this is a great place.

Many peeps here willing to help, and an incredible combined amount of knowledge of both music and the technicalities/science/equipment behind the music.

There may be the odd disagreement, but, we're all different. In my time here, which is relatively short, 99% of the talk has been polite and friendly. Can't ask for more than that in an open forum.

Cheers! :cool:

Thing Fish
29-06-2011, 23:18
Glad your enjoying yourself Ross. Yes it is indeed a great forum.

Tim
29-06-2011, 23:30
I think I said a similar thing Ross shortly after I joined. The amount I have learnt since being here is quite something and the help along the way has been brilliant. As for the 'odd' disagreement, well the management have to be commended on how they are handled - quite something this little community AoS :)

Barry
29-06-2011, 23:37
Thanks for you kind comments Ross.

We try our best, and if the last few days have been difficult - well, that was a momentary aberation.

Yes AoS is different to other audio fora, and long may it be so!

Regards

Tim
29-06-2011, 23:45
Flip that around Barry and the last week is a testament to just how good this place is? I can't think of another forum where such time and care would have been taken at trying to resolve the issues to everyone's satisfaction. Bloody impressive for a bunch of blokes voluntarily looking after a non-commercial venture.

:cool:

Barry
29-06-2011, 23:58
Flip that around Barry and the last week is a testament to just how good this place is? I can't think of another place where such time and care would have been taken at trying to resolve the issues to everyone's satisfaction. Bloody impressive for a bunch of blokes voluntarily looking after a non-commercial venture.

:cool:

Yep, can't argue with that. :)

Thing Fish
30-06-2011, 00:16
Would it not be better for banning all trade ventures? I personally think so.

If one enjoyed a particular product then one could pass on the relevant info.

I personally think a private forum has no place for the trade associates.

John
30-06-2011, 04:14
The trade is an important part of AOS and on the whole this works really well for us
Thanks for the comments the last week been hard for the mods we want it to work but its impossible to always please everybody

Yoga
30-06-2011, 12:43
As long as traders don't attempt to sell in normal conversations - which from my own experience, they don't - it's all good in my eyes.

When for example, someone starts a thread asking about a specific cable, as I did here (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11951), I see no harm in the trader politely mentioning they stock any cables which have been discussed.

Marco
30-06-2011, 13:18
Spot on, Ross! That is exactly our policy. And thank you for your kind remarks, which are appreciated.

I see no reason, in a discussion relevant to a particular product, why one of our trade members, who may sell said product, shouldn't post relevant info on the thread for the consideration of any potential customers.

As long as they don't start littering the forum with blatant self-promotion (other than in the trade area), and make a nuisance of themselves, that's what business is all about! :)

Let's not forget that AoS supports our trade members (we like helping them make a living), as well as it does the interests of everyone else. And so AoS without its valued trade members, and remember that ours are amongst the good guys in the industry, we would not be fulfilling the core values of our ethos.

Marco.

Beechwoods
30-06-2011, 14:29
Thanks everyone for your positive comments. It means a lot :)

Jac Hawk
30-06-2011, 22:07
think it's about time for a group hug

:grouphug:

worthingpagan
30-06-2011, 22:55
Having trawled the internet audio forums and seen some of the ranting and fighting, I think this place is probably the friendliest place i've yet encountered. C/W guys who know a thing or two about a thing or two, I'll keep quiet and hopefully learn a thing or two ;) :cool:

Rare Bird
04-07-2011, 13:59
Prog/Psych Evangelism (within a certain timeframe) is my sole purpose on here.People don't give two hoots but it's not for trying :eyebrows:

John
04-07-2011, 14:12
I still think Andre should enter mastermind on this subject I would expect a very high score;)