http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m638/DaveMawby/speaker.jpg

Ideal listening position
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m638/DaveMawby/systemspeak.jpg

dantheman91
28-06-2011, 19:22
Very Nice mate keep up the good work :clapclapclap:

The Grand Wazoo
28-06-2011, 20:06
The amp and speakers is a combination I've heard elsewhere to great effect, Dave.
Have you ever thought of adding a transistor amp to power the bass separately? The first time I ever heard H2's, they were powered this way & I literally jumped with shock out of my seat at the beginning of a particularly dynamic drum solo.

Reid Malenfant
28-06-2011, 20:09
The tweeters look very familiar :scratch: Are they Focal inverted kevlar dome units?

Nice setup :)

aquapiranha
28-06-2011, 20:24
Nice! I heard a pair of H2's and thought they were bloody fantastic! I like the rest of the system too.

Rare Bird
28-06-2011, 22:29
Great speakers those.. I had both the Michell 'Syncro' & 'Mycro' tt's at one time, i couldnt make up my mind which i prefered, i did end up keeping the 'Synchro' tho

MartinT
29-06-2011, 07:02
Audio Innovations and H2s! Very nice, dynamic sound from that combination. Does the Michell have their arm or a standard Rega?

Marco
29-06-2011, 08:27
Indeed. I've heard Dave's system, and the Audio Innovations/H2s is a symbiotic combination! Music flows effortlessly and just sounds 'real'. His Arcam CDP is a bit of a 'giant-killer', too, and punches way above its weight, sonically.

It's just a pity that the input selector switch on the AI is faulty, as when you move it from line-level source to Phono, it gets stuck on either one or the other, so much so that Dave simply leaves it permanently on 'CD', as he views that as his main source and is worried if it gets permanently stuck on 'Phono' that he won't be able to play his CDs....

Therefore, his lovely Mitchell Mycra is sadly neglected!

Perhaps some of you clever DIY chaps would offer to have a look at Dave's amp for him? :)

Marco.

MartinT
29-06-2011, 08:37
It's not too difficult to replace a selector switch. However, I've just looked up Conwy :eek:

Perhaps one of the techy chaps a little closer could help?

Marco
29-06-2011, 08:41
Indeed, although it's only 30 mins away from me. Spare a thought for Barry, who has to travel from Chelmsford in Essex to get there! :eek:

Yup, I think Dave should start a thread in the DIY room to see if anyone could help. If he wanted, I could pick it up and take it down to Anthony's next time I'm going down. It would probably be a 10 min job for him :)

Marco.

DaveM
29-06-2011, 12:21
Hi all

I am sorry to say I do not know the answer to the question on the tweeters! Yesterday I took a risk and switched to phono (The arm is the standard rega with an Ortofon MC 16 super cartridge and a passive Audio Innovations phono pre amp). I played my vinyl copy of Keith Jarrett My Song Mmmmmm. I had forgotten how good that was.:)

The phono is still working but the selector knob now feels like it is about to fall off. I have tried an Allen key but cannot get it to move.:(

It is beginning to look like I either forget phono, get it repaired or upgrade to a new transistor amp.:scratch:

regards
Dave

Rare Bird
29-06-2011, 13:17
Therefore, his lovely Mitchell Mycra is sadly neglected!

'Mycro' ;)

Marco
29-06-2011, 19:11
Yup - I just lazily copied Dave's earlier post :doh: :eyebrows:

Dave, we'll need to see if we can get that switch fixed for you!

Marco.

Jonboy
29-06-2011, 19:33
Very Nice Dave, i have heard these amps with different speakers my favourite being the AI 2nd Audio 2A3's but not with your speakers, if you want to get the selector fixed i can get it sorted by a man that knows AI amps and many others inside out but i'm a fair way from you

DaveM
30-06-2011, 13:19
Thanks for the offers. I do not know what the problem is. I do not think it is just the knob being loose though, because it seems to be firmly attached to the spindle. My problem is the weight of the amp - to send it would be horrendously expensive.

When I had an electrical problem with it, I took it to a guy in Mold and he fixed it for me. I may well contact him again.

regards
Dave

DaveM
30-06-2011, 16:44
Hi all

I cannot believe it, I thought I would try to fix the selector switch once more. I inserted the allen key and it bit first time - so I removed the knob and found the nut holding the assembly was loose. I tightened the nut re-attached the knob and BINGO!!!.

MartinT
30-06-2011, 17:29
Fantastic! Sometimes luck just runs your way like that :)