PDA

View Full Version : Hi from NW England

pavalon
26-06-2011, 21:42
Hi there,
Rediscovering audio music again after nearly 10 years absent. My main interest over the years has been audio visual gear when surround sound and DVDs started to take off in the late 90's and now with Blurays and lcd/plasma tvs.

Hope to gain valuable knowledge from here and will be looking to acquire a vintge gear set up soon so no doubt there will be loads of questions from me on the vast amount of different type of 'old' but 'great' sounding equipment one can buy.

Happy Listening.

The Grand Wazoo
27-06-2011, 23:31
Hi Peter,
A very warm warm welcome from me. I'm also currently residing in the top right corner of England. I never was one to go for av stuff myself, but there are a few people here who are pretty knowledgeable about such things. As for vintage stuff, on the other hand, there is a wealth of expertise from some of the membership.
Tell us a little about what you use and listen to, why don't you?

Cheers

Jac Hawk
27-06-2011, 23:43
Hi Peter welcome to the AoS, tell us a bit about the gear you own.

pavalon
29-06-2011, 17:01
My current set up is an A&R Alpha amp and a Dual CS505 TT with some Mordaunt Short speakers that I have from my AV gear. The current set up will make way for a vintage/classic set up soon. Hope to have a 'wish' list compiled following more research on the web in the coming weeks.

Alex_UK
29-06-2011, 17:29
Hi Peter, welcome from me too. Do ask us for help when you've compiled your list - you'll get 50 different options, but we do so like to spend other people's money! :lol:

What sort of music do you like?

Enjoy the forum. :)