PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Touch - Best Deal?

Mothman
26-06-2011, 09:44
About to take the plunge on a SB Touch. Best deal I can find appears to be Pixmania at £187 inc shipping. Anyone know of a better deal before I commit?

Cheers

Stratmangler
26-06-2011, 09:46
About to take the plunge on a SB Touch. Best deal I can find appears to be Pixmania at £187 inc shipping. Anyone know of a better deal before I commit?

Cheers

Do it - it's £73 below list price ;)
Just done a quick calculation, and it's a 39% cut on list price.

Jonboy
26-06-2011, 09:57
mines been behaving its self until last night and now it won't connect to my ipad or iphone and won't play certain tracks as it says they are not available in your region :doh:,

we have been here before Chris havn't we

Mark Grant
26-06-2011, 10:08
I would check where you would need to return it if you had a warranty problem as if you google for pixmania reviews its not ideal.

If any warranty is direct with Logitech then its not too bad :)

Stratmangler
26-06-2011, 10:11
mines been behaving its self until last night and now it won't connect to my ipad or iphone and won't play certain tracks as it says they are not available in your region :doh:,

we have been here before Chris havn't we

Spotify connection perchance ?
Standalone Squeezebox Touch ?

I've never run mine with TinySC, as mine was added to an existing setup, and I run Squeezebox Server on a seperate computer.
And to date it has behaved.
The only niggle I have with my setup is that it sometimes refuses to see artwork after a "Clear Library and Complete Rescan". Turning the player off and then on sorts it out.

Jonboy
26-06-2011, 21:02
Spotify connection perchance ?
Standalone Squeezebox Touch ?

Yes and yes, i can use the remote on mysqueezebox ok, just the apple stuff won't see it at the mo

Stratmangler
26-06-2011, 21:26
IIRC, and in your case, Spotify requires connection to mysqueezebox.com, and that is where that problem lies - mysqueezebox.com is flaky, to say the least.
Your player is not playing up, it just can't connect to Spotify because the forwarding from mysqueezebox.com is, frankly, pathetic.

Rebooting your player might possibly sort out your other connectivity problems, but as I do not run my Touch as a standalone player I'm just making an educated guess.
The problems you've had trying to get on Spotify might have overtasked the embedded server's capabilities, so it's become flaky in retaliation for you asking it to connect to mybloodysqueezebox.com :eyebrows::lolsign:

Jonboy
26-06-2011, 21:32
Rebooting is going to be kicking it into touch soon on the end of my size 12 steel toe cap boots, i did try a reboot earlier with no fix being achieved, tomorrow is another day, be calm Jon be calm

Stratmangler
26-06-2011, 21:52
Have you tried getting your iPhone to look for local servers ?
You may have an iPhone with amnesia ;)

Not that fruit based computing stuff ever goes wrong :eyebrows::lolsign:

lovejoy
27-06-2011, 09:27
Well I know I'm *VERY* late to the party but I finally picked one up in Currys PC World in Cardiff on Saturday for £199 which I thought was a pretty good deal for them.

I haven't even started doing any tweaking yet but I have to say I am *MIGHTILY* impressed with it. It's currently sat performing SPDIF duties into my Audiolab 8200CDQ and it's wiping the floor with the vast majority of computer transports I've ever tried and it does *EVERYTHING* I want it to and more. iPeng is a work of genius too.

I think for this sort of money, it's an absolute steal!

Peter Galbavy
27-06-2011, 09:46
IIRC, and in your case, Spotify requires connection to mysqueezebox.com, and that is where that problem lies - mysqueezebox.com is flaky, to say the least.
Your player is not playing up, it just can't connect to Spotify because the forwarding from mysqueezebox.com is, frankly, pathetic.

This may be addressed by changes in the latest betas for SBS:

http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/slim/7.6/trunk/server/Changelog7.html

One firmware change: "Fixed DNS client handling when server returns multiple A records for MySB."

Mark Grant
27-06-2011, 09:51
Well I know I'm *VERY* late to the party but I finally picked one up in Currys PC World in Cardiff on Saturday for £199 which I thought was a pretty good deal for them.

That's a very good price, less than ebuyer
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/237609

and Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-930-000089-Squeezebox-Touch/dp/B002N203SW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309168252&sr=1-1

-