PDA

View Full Version : Meridian - the Disco years

Neil McCauley
23-06-2011, 15:31
Sadly, no Spandex though on the speakers. Oh nostalgia.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/meridian-speakers-amp-disco-pa-/180686065731?pt=UK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL&hash=item2a11ba9043

I guess that Allen Boothroyd had indeed 'left the building'

nat8808
23-06-2011, 18:26
Another Meridian do indeed make cheap PA gear.

meridian-complete-system (http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/meridian-complete-system-p-3796.html)

Neil McCauley
23-06-2011, 19:40
Another Meridian do indeed make cheap PA gear.

meridian-complete-system (http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/meridian-complete-system-p-3796.html)

Oh really? Oh silly silly me. And there was I believing our beloved upmarket makers had strayed into the dark side! Maybe I should have marked the thread as "Important- read first. Irony in operation here"?

BTH K10A
23-06-2011, 19:45
What's it got to do with ferrous prosthetic implants :scratch:

nat8808
24-06-2011, 00:54
Oh really? Oh silly silly me. And there was I believing our beloved upmarket makers had strayed into the dark side! Maybe I should have marked the thread as "Important- read first. Irony in operation here"?

Two companies having the same name in similar fields didn't seem particularly noteworthy to me so I assumed it was the first time you'd ever come accross the brand. Was I not helpful? We all differ, so perhaps it is of note.

Do a search for Meridian on Ebay and more than half will be this cheap PA/DJ gear or Peugot 306 Meridians... err... there's not much more to say about it than that!

Not seen any irony but perhaps a sign saying "Warning, Deep sarCasm " would be appropriate.

Neil McCauley
24-06-2011, 08:31
Not seen any irony ...... " would be appropriate.

Well, you wouldn't would you? Seems you are in a minority though.

This doesn't mean you'll start banging on again that you are subject to a persecution campaign or something similar will it? Oh please, not that again!

nat8808
24-06-2011, 16:08
Well, you wouldn't would you? Seems you are in a minority though.

Huh? You've done a poll? Or just that your automatic response is to try to make people feel small?

This doesn't mean you'll start banging on again that you are subject to a persecution campaign or something similar will it? Oh please, not that again!

Haha.. you're terrible, like a bulldog that doesn't let go.

I could of course start banging on about it as I have the messages stating your intentions and the saved webpage of your blog and the saved webpage of AoS thread that was taken down.

I won't though because it is now water under the bridge - life is far too short! However, you keep bringing it up yourself..

Still, I don't see what any of this has to do with Meridian being both a high-end hifi company and a low-end PA company.. Perhaps you thought I was being a smartarse? I didn't mean it to come across that way - I thought I was in some small way broadening your knowledge. Sorry if you were insulted.

Elzar
25-06-2011, 14:10
"and highz and lowz". The 'z' must be something digital, which meridian is known for excelling at lol