PDA

View Full Version : hello from Brussels

barrie
09-10-2008, 14:48
Hi everyone,
I am just about to take my first leap into audio, I really like this forum, it has planty of helpful information, I am especially interested in the mac front end discusssions.

Speak with you again

Barrie

John
09-10-2008, 18:05
Hi Barrie
You should find lots of good advice Rob is the main man around Mac Welcome and enjoy

Mike
09-10-2008, 20:56
Hi barrie,

Welcome to Aos... Dig in and enjoy. :)

Cheers...

Filterlab
10-10-2008, 07:52
Hi Barrie and welcome.

A Mac? You've made a wise choice young sir, fire away with your questions!

:)

barrie
10-10-2008, 08:38
Very nice, thanks to you all.

Rob I am sure we will chat in the future

Marco
10-10-2008, 12:34
Hi Barrie,

Welcome, mate. Nice part of the world you come from. I spent a week in Brussels 5 years ago and very nice it was. Chocolate and cake shops to die for, wonderful mussels, and superb beer.

I loved the fact that when ordering beer at a cafe each one has its own special individual glass, and even a 'menu', like a wine list, to choose from! I love that sort of attention to detail.

Quality! :cool:

Marco.

barrie
10-10-2008, 22:17
Hi Marco,
I am origionaly from Liverpool but have spent 7 years in Brussels over two postings ( separated by a few years in Sweden)
You are right about the beer and food, as the Belgians say " the French like to cook good food, but the Belgians like to eat it " - translation the Belgians loveand cook great food but with proper sized portions. You are exactly right with the beers they have over 400 types and they treat them with the same as wines (but without the hyperbola)
I have been in bars where dropping the beer menu on your foot could seriously damage it - it's tough living here but somebody has to do it ( and as we don't have the Empire we all have to make our small contribution to flying the flag)
Oh, and by the way Belgians are amongst the most friendly people I have met, what a lucky lad I am,

Next time you are over I will meet you for a beer:cool:

Barrie