PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new member

idc
19-06-2011, 18:05
Hi new member here, hoping to bring some head-fi experience and to find decent discussions on the science behind hifi.

Reid Malenfant
19-06-2011, 18:13
Hi Ian, welcome to AoS :) So i think it's fair to gather you like headphones, other than that what equipment do you have & what type of music do you listen to?

I think if i was to use headphones i'd need one of those odd headphone amps that creates the impression of listening to a pair of stereo speakers, the manufacturer & model escapes me right now though :scratch:

All the best & enjoy your stay :cool:

idc
19-06-2011, 18:26
Hi. I have a Bose Sounddock for the rare times I listen to music out loud!

Are you thinking of AKG K1000 ear speakers?

This brilliant video off You Tube works amazingly to produce a 3D sound through any headphones

IUDTlvagjJA&feature=player_detailpage

My taste in music goes from traditional to the Nordic prog rock scene, from rock to post and math rock, from minimalism to film sound tracks, from punk to indie.

Reid Malenfant
19-06-2011, 18:46
No, not any headphones Ian, it's a headphone amplifier that has various controls that mimic listening to stereo speakers by mixing in a bit of left to right channels & vice versa but with a bit of delay. This gives the impression of listening to speakers in front of you..

Damned if i know what it is but there are pics on here somewhere :scratch:

I get the impression it aint cheap though :eyebrows: But it'd be the only way i could put up with cans in the long term. Thankfully i don't need to :cool:

Spectral Morn
19-06-2011, 19:42
Welcome to AOS

Regards D S D L