PDA

View Full Version : sony qriocity

colinB
19-06-2011, 13:31
I just streamed the new movie fire in babylon from the qriocity site from my sony bravia. £2.50 for hd and it looked great. Give the content a while to get up to speed and sony could be onto a winner here. The music site has a long way to go before it gets any where near spotify but the movie stream is better than lovefim.

SteveW
19-06-2011, 17:10
Ah, thanks for this. Bought a new Sony telly a few weeks ago and was wondering when they would get this active.

Reid Malenfant
19-06-2011, 17:30
Can i ask you what internet speed you have Colin?

The only reason i ask is simply because most blu rays have a picture output of about 25Mbps (sometimes less & other times over 30Mbps as they tend to be variable bit rate) so i guess it's kind of logical that you'd need fast internet or what they send you must be compressed..

SteveW
19-06-2011, 17:34
Not linked an account yet.. But the previews stream well.
On mine though, Fire in Babylon is only in SD and it's £3.49. Which is the same as iTunes and through Apple TV.

colinB
19-06-2011, 17:36
Im on Sky and it normally measures half what they are meant to, about 4mb.
When you rent the movie it asks to test for speed and then tells you if its capable of hd or not. It doesnt look as good as blu ray but by the sounds of it its better than the 720 you get from Apple tv

colinB
19-06-2011, 17:37
Not linked an account yet.. But the previews stream well.
On mine though, Fire in Babylon is only in SD and it's £3.49. Which is the same as iTunes and through Apple TV.

Ah sorry about that. Still cheaper than Blockbusters though.

Reid Malenfant
19-06-2011, 17:39
Ah, i see or don't as the case may be :eyebrows: I'm still waiting for that visit from TV licensing to check out my non TV watchable TVs :eyebrows: Been over a year now, i wonder what's taking them so long :scratch:

Cheers for the info Colin.

SteveW
19-06-2011, 21:59
Ah sorry about that. Still cheaper than Blockbusters though.

Do they still exist?
Ours turned into a travel agents last year. !!

colinB
19-06-2011, 22:34
Theres a big one i know in south London but its pretty empty. Mainly kids renting games.