PDA

View Full Version : FS: DENON DL-103R MC cartridge.

scoobs
15-06-2011, 19:47
Selling my last cart before my analogue rig goes into stasis while I move house.
This 103R has the Isokinetic 3g stabiliser block fitted. It's in great nick, well cared for with no more than 80 hrs on it.

Camera is broke and girlfriend/camera phone is out so I'll post some images later.

£150 posted

Spectral Morn
16-06-2011, 12:12
Selling my last cart before my analogue rig goes into stasis while I move house.
This 103R has the Isokinetic 3g stabiliser block fitted. It's in great nick, well cared for with no more than 80 hrs on it.

Camera is broke and girlfriend/camera phone is out so I'll post some images later.

£150 posted

you have a Pm, I would like to buy your cart please.

Regards D S D L

Marco
16-06-2011, 22:01
Nice move, Neil. That'll work really well on the Jelco 750 (with the FR headshell ;)).

Marco.

Spectral Morn
16-06-2011, 22:05
I thought it might ;)

Regards D S D L

Marco
16-06-2011, 22:08
Hehehe... 103s 'sing' on that headshell. Use it though with a good SUT (through a valve MM phono stage), and trust me, it will blow your mind. You've got both of those, haven't you? :)

Marco.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
16-06-2011, 22:15
Hehehe... 103s 'sing' on that headshell. Use it though with a good SUT (through a valve MM phono stage), and trust me, it will blow your mind. You've got both of those, haven't you? :)
Marco.

Weellll :eyebrows: you are just going to have to hear my standard 103 via a good active stage then wont you. Sigh! another thing for 7th August :ner:

Bloody SUTs :steam:

Spectral Morn
16-06-2011, 22:44

Marco.

I have a number of things I can try but I hope my BAT VK10se will suit it.

Regards D S D L

Marco
16-06-2011, 22:45
Lol... Richard, I've no doubt whatsoever that your 103 will sound fab, through your NVA (solid-state) phono stage. Good SUTs, however, come into their own (not saying that they're always necessarily better, though) when used in conjunction with a quality valve MM phono stage.

I'd have no doubt that, in your system, the SUT would lose, most likely because your system is not designed to showcase its benefits. Therefore, to do the test properly, I'd have to bring my valve preamp, with it's built-in MM stage, and use it with my SUT, and we could compare things that way, but then of course there would be the added variable of a different preamp...

It's a difficult one to assess properly. I like the SUT approach, as valves and SUTs tend to 'marry' rather well. It's not necessarily the same with sand amps, although I've heard Martin T's Pass Labs preamp and Whest phono stage, with my A23 SUT (and then DL-103SA), and the results were fab, indeed so much so that he now never uses the MC stage on his Whest, with any of his MC cartridges, and has just bought a superb new hi-end SUT, which he's raving about.

Until I visited him, and let him hear my A23 SUT in his system, he also thought that the SUT approach was inferior... Now he's a major convert! ;)

Marco.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
16-06-2011, 23:51
Bloody good answer. If that was a year or two ago.........

Marco
17-06-2011, 06:29
Lol - I think we just understand each other better now :)

Marco.