PDA

View Full Version : DBpoweramp album art fetching issue

pwood
13-06-2011, 22:34
Up until the last month or so when disk is inserted for ripping it normally finds loads dozens or versions of album art for a given album. Now only two or three show up and have to faff looking on Google Image search. I tend to pick file sizes under 80kb so the art loads quick when viewing on my android phone or ipad from my WD Router and the before the lack of art it was easy enough to pick a resolution and file size I wanted. Any ideas what the problem is?

WAD62
14-06-2011, 08:57
Hi Paul,

I'm on version 13.something, as I bought the pro version back then and they don't offer an upgrade from 13 to 14.

With regard to album art I don't get much of an option to select, it usually just gives me one option in a pane at the bottom right, and occasionally for rarer and newer albums I do have to use Google.

I presume you are subscribing to the AMG music services etc. for your metadata, and that you are still getting your other meta data/tags.

Cheers,

Will

pwood
16-06-2011, 01:06
Yes Will it finds all that. I just cant fathom why it has stopped giving me the vast Choice of art it used to.

WAD62
16-06-2011, 10:01
Yes Will it finds all that. I just cant fathom why it has stopped giving me the vast Choice of art it used to.

:scratch:

Alan
16-06-2011, 13:12
Hi,

I posted this on AudioChews earlier today, I think it answers your question!

I noticed recently the selection of album artwork available on dBpoweramp was much smaller than before, so went to the support forums to have a gander. It seems there is a Beta version of the next update that needs to be installed - if you already have release 14 you will be updated properly when the new update is released (for no charge I understand).

You have to install the Beta download without uninstalling the old version for your registration to be preserved.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=23895

pwood
27-06-2011, 12:59
Thanks Alan. Sorry I took a while to reply. Im just off nightshift so bare with me...Do i have to download the beta or if I wait will i get an email with links to the finished new version of DB. i paid for mine in january so i should be entitled to updates. installing the above link over my current DB power amp kinda concerns me as i take it if i mess it up its tough! I cant remember my login atm for the site or would ask Spoon direct.

Alan
27-06-2011, 16:21
Hi Paul,

I'm not a member on the forum myself, but the link is available without being logged in. Just download it without uninstalling your paid up version and all will be well.

I think it was this page: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=23895

Emails and updates will apparently follow in July.

pwood
28-06-2011, 17:26
Cheers.