PDA

View Full Version : FS: M-audio Delta Series Audiophile 2496 audio/MIDI card

sburrell
05-06-2011, 18:48
Hi,

for anyone using a PC as a dedicated music player, I offer you this: the legendary M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI card!

Truth be told, I actually wanted to use it myself, but it was only after it arrived that I suddenly remembered that PCI and PCI-E are incompatible - and my Mac Pro is PCI-E only :doh:

So, now it's up for sale and I never even got to hear it in action. :(

So, the details:

• gold-plated RCA stereo inputs and outputs.

• Co-ax SPDIF In and Out via included original breakout cable (rare!)

• MIDI In and Out via included original breakout cable

The drivers and details are still available on the M-Audio website, here (http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_au/Audiophile2496.html).

It's not in its original box, but I have a suitable replacement for shipping.

I'm asking £40 only, plus P&P (recorded service only). Payment by cheque or PayPal (or obviously cash if you collect in person).

swampy
07-06-2011, 22:03
Great card.. I have one myself and in some respects I prefer it to my Copland CDP. Vastly better than any of the fancy sound blaster stuff. Also it is proper ASIO with good drivers capable of very low latency in pro audio use.

sburrell
07-06-2011, 23:55
Thanks for rubbing it in Swampy :( Damn Apple and their proclivity for dumping hardware standards with such gay abandon :rolleyes: :violin:

OTOH, thanks for the endorsement! ;) So, any takers? :)

Lucerne
09-06-2011, 06:35
I'll take that please Simon

sburrell
10-06-2011, 00:10
Consider it yours, Neil. PM on its way.

EDIT: Ah, except you don't have PM, you emailed me instead. D'oh! Email on its way then :)

Mark Grant
10-06-2011, 09:05
• Co-ax SPDIF In and Out via included original breakout cable (rare!)

To tweak the performance the breakout cable can be replaced with a home made custom digital out cable.

All you need is a 9 pin D plug and your favourite digital coax cable

Cut the phono off the source end of the digital coax and attach the D plug.
The pins needed in the D plug are 3 for digital out '+' and 8 for ground.

Makes a noticeable difference on many systems :)