PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy Monitor Gold

vencel
02-06-2011, 08:12
Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone is interested in a pair of Tannoy Monitor Gold speakers? The speakers are currently in Hungary but shipping can be organized.
The speakers are original and were never serviced. The cabinets are in a nice cosmetic condition however due to their age some signs of wear can be seen.
I attached some photos but cannot tell any price as I am not fully aware of its market price.

vencel
13-06-2011, 12:57
I see that nobody is really interested in it.
Could anybody help me to find out its current market price?
I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

dantheman91
13-06-2011, 13:04
Hi

The prices of these lancasters can range from £800 - £1500 depending on the condition. if you cant sell them on here which im sure you would. plus you might need to nogociat of prices because of the shipping cost hope this helps ps i could be completly wrong and if i am the people on here will tell you the correct price.

Dan

Marco
13-06-2011, 13:39
Hi László,

Are they 15" drivers? They should be, but I'm just checking....

Marco.

Marco
13-06-2011, 13:45
Hi Dan,

The prices of these lancasters can range from £800 - £1500 depending on the condition.

Perhaps if they were fitted with HPDs, not Monitor Golds - or at least the 15" variety. On eBay, the going rate for 15" MGs, drivers and original crossovers ONLY, in excellent condition, is between £2-2.5k :)

Marco.

Volante
13-06-2011, 13:49
See a recent advert on HiFiWigWam for pricing comparison, but so much depends on the condition and history of the drivers. The cabinets usually have litle value unless in very good condition but then they increase the shipping cost because they are heavy so many people just want to buy the drivers. Also Ebay recoded sales will give you some idea of pricing although ebay can sometimes be a bit unreliable because of quirks in the market.

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?56296-FS-15-quot-Tannoy-Monitor-Golds-in-Lockwood-Cabinets&highlight=tannoy

PS The Golds in the HiFiWigwam advert do not include the original crossovers (as far as I can tell) but do include updated crossovers from a well known Tannoy seller which may affect some buyer's view of price.

dantheman91
13-06-2011, 14:05
Hi Dan,

Perhaps if they were fitted with HPDs, not Monitor Golds - or at least the 15" variety. On eBay, the going rate for 15" MGs, drivers and original crossovers ONLY, in excellent condition, is between £2-2.5k :)

Marco.

Hi

Fair enough thats sounds like a good price.

Dan

vencel
13-06-2011, 16:10
This speaker is equipped with 15" and has the original crossover network
It was never serviced not touched. The box were open the first time to make the photos.

The serial number of the speakers are 60254 and 60827, so I think they were manufactured around 1967.

The cabinets are in nice condition but I would not say they are mint. I was also thinking about selling only the speakers.

Thanks for the help.