PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous system for sale (Luxman, Micromega, NVA, Briks)

Theo
31-05-2011, 13:53
I bloody love this second system of mine, but circumstances dictate that I need to downsize. So the following is available, all in excellent condition:

Micromega Classic Solo CDP – the last of their flagship Classic series in the mid 90’s, this is a truly wonderful music maker, and the item I’ll be saddest to see go. It had a new transport fitted by Micromega in 2003 (I have the receipt), and has had light use since. It retailed at £2,800 originally; I’d like £700 ovno. Has box and transit screws, but I would prefer pick-up as it’s a delicate piece of kit.

Luxman PD272 direct drive turntable – In lovely condition. The lid has standard cleaning swirls on it, as befits a thirty year old bit of acrylic. It comes with a Stanton 681EE cartridge with a new replacement stylus from Mantra Audio (not a Stanton stylus). It also comes with a new set of Isonoe feet. I’d like £230 ovno. It doesn’t have a box, and really could do with being picked up.

NVA P50SA passive pre amp – around 18 month old, acrylic model, works brilliantly with NVA power amps. Currently £300, would like £165 ovno.

NVA Phono 1 phono stage – currently set for MM but can be adjusted by NVA for MC. Same vintage as pre-amp, £260 new, would like £140 ovno.

NVA A80 mono power amps – approx. 2 years old. Phenomenal performance, make my Isobariks sing sweetly. £1200 the pair new, would like £630 ovno.

Linn Isobarik DMS, black ash – these are in wonderful condition (no cone sag), 1984 vintage with XLRs at rear and internal xovers, fully laminated black ash to front and all sides. Original grilles in GC, but Velcro strips removed from tops of both speakers, and central horizontal front panel (look far better that way). These have the newer 4-legged stands with infill panels (also have the double 3-legged versions too, available separately). No original boxes, and really would need to be picked up, plus help in getting them down stairs ;) I’d like £600 ovno.

NVA Super Sound Pipes I/Cs – 50mm pair (£120 new) - £70, and 80mm pair (£180 new) - £100

NVA LS1 speaker cable, 2 x 9M lengths - bananas and one end, Cannon XLRs at speaker end (to suit the Isobariks, though NVA can re-terminate). £200 new, would like £125 ovno

Or £2,500 if bought as a complete system (priced at £2,760 individually).

I’m based in Lincolnshire, between Grantham and Lincoln, with easy access off the A1. I’d be happy to dem the complete system.

No p&p costs shown: if pick-up is a problem, then I’m sure that we can come to an agreement regarding couriers or a suitable meeting place. Isobarik pick-up is a must though…Please PM me if you would like any additional information. Happy to listen to offers.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/TFP_2007/Picture006.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/TFP_2007/Picture001.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/TFP_2007/Picture003.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/TFP_2007/2010_01120018.jpg

shane
31-05-2011, 14:07
Slot-racing. My favourite hobby before I discovered hifi.

Tarzan
31-05-2011, 20:51
Sweet Jesus that Luxman looks lovely:stalks::thumbsup:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
01-06-2011, 11:53
Anyone buying the NVA from Theo will have full back-up and service from us. PLUS the guarantee against parts failure transfers to the new owner. Just keep a record of how and when Theo got them.

This applies to all second hand NVA sales.

Techno Commander
01-06-2011, 11:56
Sweet Jesus that Luxman looks lovely:stalks::thumbsup:

Aye, totally gorgeous. :)

Theo
01-06-2011, 13:05
Anyone buying the NVA from Theo will have full back-up and service from us. PLUS the guarantee against parts failure transfers to the new owner. Just keep a record of how and when Theo got them.

Thank you Richard - that's what I call service :)

Spectral Morn
01-06-2011, 18:21

Richard

Now that is impressive. Very few manufacturers offer that service.

Me...

A wee note, I have a Micromega Data and Dialogue and these players (including the one for sale here Classic Solo) are really very good, so if you fancy an analogue digital experience the Micromega for sale here is a very good way to get it both in terms of sound quality and having to lift a lid to put the CD on and then a puck :)

Theo

A close up photo of the CD player would help with the sale.

Good luck with the sale.

Regards D S D L

Marco
01-06-2011, 18:30
Completely agree with Neil. Micromega CDPs from that era are amongst the best of the breed ever made, and sound simply wonderful.

£700 is an absolute bargain for a CDP which would outperform almost anything made these days. Sonically, it'll certainly be up there with new CDPs costing £4k... I kid you not!

So, Theo, let's see a big loving close-up of that gorgeous Classic Solo! :cool:

Marco.

colinB
01-06-2011, 18:55
That arm looks lovely as does the Micromega.

Theo
01-06-2011, 19:45
A wee note, I have a Micromega Data and Dialogue and these players (including the one for sale here Classic Solo) are really very good, so if you fancy an analogue digital experience the Micromega for sale here is a very good way to get it both in terms of sound quality and having to lift a lid to put the CD on and then a puck :)

Theo

A close up photo of the CD player would help with the sale.

Good luck with the sale.

Regards D S D L

Cheers - I'll try and get that done tonight

Theo
02-06-2011, 18:36
Not great photos of the Micromega, but I'll include them anyway:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/TFP_2007/DSCF1799.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/TFP_2007/DSCF1797.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/TFP_2007/DSCF1793.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/TFP_2007/DSCF1801.jpg

Gromit
02-06-2011, 21:02
Ooh - I've seen (and heard) this rig and it's a gem, and Theo's a particularly top chap to deal with (and his coffee's not too bad either) ;)

I can also vouch for the A80's as these were once mine and are simply gorgeous things, in partnership with the P50sa they make for an awesome amplifier. :)

Rare Bird
02-06-2011, 21:06
Not seen that CDP before looks like a trendy M Mega 'Duo'

Theo
02-06-2011, 21:06
Many thanks Richard :) I shall miss them when they go, but there's always another day...

jandl100
03-06-2011, 07:11
I can also vouch for the A80's as these were once mine and are simply gorgeous things, in partnership with the P50sa they make for an awesome amplifier. :)

Ah - so these were my ones? I bought them new from NVA and sold them on to Young Gromit after owning and enjoying them for quite a while.

Nice power amps, very nice. A fair price too.

___

If that Luxman tt was a bit closer to me, I would be sorely tempted! :eek:

Marco
03-06-2011, 15:18
That Micromega is bloody gorgeous! :stalks:

I just LURVE its rugged simplicity - how it looks so beautifully solid and understated; like it's simply built to play music and not act like wanky audiophile jewellery...

If I didn't own my Sony, or if I had a need for a second system, I'd be ripping Theo's arm off.

Seriously, folks, someone just buy the Micromega A.S.A.P - trust me, it'll be the last CD player you'll ever need!!

Oh, and particularly if you like CD to sound like good vinyl :)

Marco.

Theo
03-06-2011, 15:35
Cheers Marco - it's the one item I reckon I'll regret selling. My Esoteric CDP is better, but there ain't much in it...

Marco
03-06-2011, 17:56
Which says it all, Theo! And I suspect that with some judicious tweaking, from the likes of Audiocom, the Micromega would more than match it :)

No wonder you're sorry to let it go... I'd be, too! Never mind, your loss will be some very lucky bugger's gain :cool:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
03-06-2011, 18:04
That Micromega is bloody gorgeous! :stalks:

I just LURVE its rugged simplicity - how it looks so beautifully solid and understated; like it's simply built to play music and not act like wanky audiophile jewellery...

If I didn't own my Sony, or if I had a need for a second system, I'd be ripping Theo's arm off.

Seriously, folks, someone just buy the Micromega A.S.A.P - trust me, it'll be the last CD player you'll ever need!!

Oh, and particularly if you like CD to sound like good vinyl :)

Marco.

I agree.

The one I have looks the same but its the Transport and DAC version.

Regards D S D L

trane
03-06-2011, 20:36
Theo, you have a p.m. :)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
05-06-2011, 10:39
Sold any of it yet?

Theo
05-06-2011, 10:42
Lots of interest, but not yet. No great hurry though...

jantheman
05-06-2011, 11:57
If thats Theo's second system WTF is his first like.......:drool:

Theo
05-06-2011, 12:16
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7814

I'm sure there are those who would think the "second" system better ;)

trane
06-06-2011, 17:28
Lots of interest, but not yet. No great hurry though...

Theo, you have a p.m. again...

Thing Fish
06-06-2011, 17:44
I would kill for the Barics but funds are at an all time low...:(

They would also be a bit heavy on the train...:)

Theo
06-06-2011, 18:49
Price reductions and alterations:

Micromega Classic Solo CDP – the last of their flagship Classic series in the mid 90’s, this is a truly wonderful music maker, and the item I’ll be saddest to see go. It had a new transport fitted by Micromega in 2003 (I have the receipt), and has had light use since. It retailed at £2,800 originally; I’d like £700 ovno. Has box and transit screws, but I would prefer pick-up as it’s a delicate piece of kit. Temporarily withdrawn from sale

Luxman PD272 direct drive turntable – In lovely condition. The lid has standard cleaning swirls on it, as befits a thirty year old bit of acrylic. It comes with a Stanton 681EE cartridge with a new replacement stylus from Mantra Audio (not a Stanton stylus). I’d like £160. It doesn’t have a box, and really could do with being picked up.

NVA P50SA passive pre amp – around 18 month old, acrylic model, works brilliantly with NVA power amps. Currently £300, would like £150

NVA Phono 1 phono stage – currently set for MM but can be adjusted by NVA for MC. Same vintage as pre-amp, £260 new, would like £125

NVA A80 mono power amps – approx. 2 years old. Phenomenal performance, make my Isobariks sing sweetly. £1200 the pair new, would like £575

Linn Isobarik DMS, black ash – these are in wonderful condition (no cone sag), 1984 vintage with XLRs at rear and internal xovers, fully laminated black ash to front and all sides. Original grilles in GC, but Velcro strips removed from tops of both speakers, and central horizontal front panel (look far better that way). These have the newer 4-legged stands with infill panels (also have the double 3-legged versions too, available separately). No original boxes, and really would need to be picked up, plus help in getting them down stairs I’d like £550.

NVA Super Sound Pipes I/Cs – 50mm pair (£120 new) - £60, and 80mm pair (£180 new) - £90

NVA LS1 speaker cable, 2 x 9M lengths - bananas and one end, Cannon XLRs at speaker end (to suit the Isobariks, though NVA can re-terminate). £200 new, would like £110

jandl100
06-06-2011, 19:57
Price reductions and alterations:

Luxman PD272 direct drive turntable – In lovely condition. The lid has standard cleaning swirls on it, as befits a thirty year old bit of acrylic. It comes with a Stanton 681EE cartridge with a new replacement stylus from Mantra Audio (not a Stanton stylus). I’d like £160. It doesn’t have a box, and really could do with being picked up.

:stalks:

Do you have any plans for heading a bit south/west so we could meet up somewhere, Theo? :)

Theo
06-06-2011, 20:46
Hi Jerry
No plans soon. Where are you based?

jandl100
06-06-2011, 20:52
Hi Jerry
No plans soon. Where are you based?

West Gloucestershire GL17 - not far from the S Wales border - a heck of a way to Lincs. :(

Forest of Dean - a really nice place to visit, lovely countryside ... ;)

Jonboy
06-06-2011, 21:14
i see you have had second thoughts about the Micromega, i love my duo transport and wouldn't part with it either, very solid feel to them and play music very well, Philips die cast laser mech, they just have a funny 5 mins know and again well mine does anyway:lol:

Theo
06-06-2011, 21:25
Since the transport was replaced it hasn't missed a beat: it is a brilliant CDP and I'm finding it hard to part with it. The rest is definitely up for grabs though :)

Reid Malenfant
06-06-2011, 21:28
NVA Super Sound Pipes I/Cs – 50mm pair (£120 new) - £60, and 80mm pair (£180 new) - £90
Hi Theo, i saw this before & forgot to mention this but don't you mean 50cm & 80cm?

After all 50mm is only 2" & 80mm is only just over 3" :scratch:

Theo
07-06-2011, 09:12
LOL - I shrunk 'em in the wash :lol:

Yes, they are 500mm and 800mm...:doh:

Theo
08-06-2011, 12:02
Luxman turntable now sold

Gromit
20-06-2011, 10:11
That Phono1 is a storming bargain - I borrowed this off Theo for a quick listen recently and it sounds fabulous.

I might have to sell a few bits...hang fire for an 'odds & sods' sale on here so I can afford to buy it. :)

Theo
20-06-2011, 12:56
Thanks Richard :) - happy to leave it to one side if interested.

NVA A80s now sold - it's going to be difficult to dem the Briks now :doh:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
20-06-2011, 12:59
Order another set and then send them back within 30 days for a refund :lolsign:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
20-06-2011, 13:02
Thanks Richard :) - happy to leave it to one side if interested.

NVA A80s now sold - it's going to be difficult to dem the Briks now :doh:
For Gromit

AND if you do I have some serious tweeky-doodles for it as long as you stick to MM on it.

Theo
20-06-2011, 13:16
Order another set and then send them back within 30 days for a refund :lolsign:

Don't think I hadn't thought of it :eyebrows:

Actually realised that i couldn't live without a second system so I've started with a pair of Royd Apex (transmission line) for £50 :) Will use those with a cheap integrated - sorted!

Gromit
20-06-2011, 13:40
For Gromit

AND if you do I have some serious tweeky-doodles for it as long as you stick to MM on it.

You're on, guv'nor. :eek:

Achromat's sold Theo so I'll take the P1 off your hands. No rush, will phone to organise popping over for it. :)

Theo
20-06-2011, 14:21
Cheers Richard :)

e2etrader
29-08-2011, 23:17
Hi Theo

Can you tell me, are your NVA A80s and NVA P50 still for sale - I see they were lsited some time back in the summer and then reduced. So not sure if you still have them?

If you do, what is the best price for the bundle. Also, are they current models in good condition?

Lastly, if they are available, where are you based if I wanted to see them?

Thank you

E2etrader

Spectral Morn
30-08-2011, 07:35
Hi Theo

Can you tell me, are your NVA A80s and NVA P50 still for sale - I see they were lsited some time back in the summer and then reduced. So not sure if you still have them?

If you do, what is the best price for the bundle. Also, are they current models in good condition?

Lastly, if they are available, where are you based if I wanted to see them?

Thank you

E2etrader

Welcome to AOS Marlowe.

Please pop into the welcome section of the forum before making any more posts. You were asked to do this as part of the registration process, this isn't optional as it is required of all new people joining our community. Tell us a wee bit about yourself, system and taste in music. Thank you in advance.

Regards D S D L

Mighty Ant
09-09-2011, 19:57
Hi Theo,

If you change your mind about the Micromega Classic Solo CDP, would you please pm me.

Many thanks,

Anthony.