PDA

View Full Version : New Arm Kit - Anyone seen this?

RochaCullen
25-05-2011, 14:15
Looks interesting, and for the price might be worth a punt:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TemaadAudio-12inch-Pickup-Arm-Kitset-Blow-away-RB250-/260785254822?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiF i_Turntables&hash=item3cb80331a6

hifi_dave
25-05-2011, 15:36
Too late ?

RochaCullen
25-05-2011, 16:11
Too late ?

Weird I was only looking at that like an hour ago.

Reid Malenfant
25-05-2011, 16:13
Weird I was only looking at that like an hour ago.
Yep, 12" carbon fibre Unipivot...

You weren't seeing things ;)

hifi_dave
25-05-2011, 16:23
He who hesitates is lost..:doh:

The Grand Wazoo
03-06-2011, 07:44
He who hesitates is lost..:doh:

Well.............maybe not!
I've managed to track the seller down & the arms are still available but he's having some problems with Ebay/Paypal - He said that he wouldn't accept Paypal payments which they rather took offence to & suspended his account.

He's going to send me some details of these arms by email.
I'm not so interested in this any more as I appear to have made other arrangements but I'll post the details here if anyone's interested.

WOStantonCS100
03-06-2011, 07:50
ePrey...

But, yes, I'm curious to see what I just missed.

The Grand Wazoo
03-06-2011, 08:04
The detail of the arm in the pulled Ebay listing was this:

• New conical tapered carbon-fibre arm tube avoids standing wave reflections, also reducing overall mass by 18 grams lighter that the Rega equivalent 9 inch standard arm
• Reduced overall mass but increased rigidity.
• VTA (vertical tracing angle) can be adjusted by the arm post double nut arrangement. If you are careful you can adjust in “on the fly”.
• Easy adjustment of stylus azimuth despite fixed head shell, because it is a Uni-pivot.
• Stainless Steel End Stub and heavy Counter Weight to allow any common weigh of pickup cartridge to be used.
• Highly flexible 34ga internal Litz copper wiring, gold plated cartridge tags and Viper style high end RCA's out.
• Routing of the output of the internal wire results in reduced horizontal friction.
• Carbon Fibre Head shell and aluminum cartridge stabilizer allows all plastic bodied pickup cartridges to be upgraded for improved detail and base definition.
• 3 point mounting boss (solid steel not plastic)
• Very, very organic but detailed sound, listen and you will be amazed with the refinement the carbon fibre tube brings to this design.
• NOTE the Pivot Point is preset at the factory to aid the user as this is critical to the correct function of the design.
• Fully upgradable to the $1650-00 Reference version in various stages to fit your budget.
• Full assembly instructions. Assembly time is between 2-3 hours (depending on how long your coffee break is).
Physical parameters Effective length 305mm (12”),
Mounting distance 295.6 mm (11.6")
Suggested Overhang 13.2 mm (0.52");
Offset angle 15° );
Effective mass 14 g;
Cartridge Weight accepted by arm 5 to 16 grams (excluding cartridge re-inforcer)
Adjustable Height applicable at Head shell to accommodate 15 to 95 mm height platters (depending on VTA required)
Height adjustment 55 mm

Beobloke
03-06-2011, 11:50
He said that he wouldn't accept Paypal payments which they rather took offence to & suspended his account.

I was on the verge of bidding but this stopped me. Frankly, I'm not going to send funds off to an unknown person in China without the benefit of Paypal's safety net!

RochaCullen
03-06-2011, 12:42
I was on the verge of bidding but this stopped me. Frankly, I'm not going to send funds off to an unknown person in China without the benefit of Paypal's safety net!

Yes, it does ring some alarm bells.

temaadaudio
10-04-2012, 09:39
Hi Guys, Just spotted your post. I am happy to let you know I can now accept P/Pal again. email {removed} for further info.

Cheers Derek

hifi_dave
10-04-2012, 09:48
I believe you are supposed to introduce yourself in the appropriate section before advertising.

MartinT
10-04-2012, 10:02
Hi Derek

Please would you go to the welcome section and introduce yourself before advertising in the trade section, as advised in your introductory e-mail?