PDA

View Full Version : wanted service manual for arcam alpha 6 CD

colin.hepburn
01-10-2008, 22:46
HI All
Well just acquired an Arcam Alpha 6 CD Player
And hoping to find a serves manual for it can anyone help have you got one laying around or can you tell me where to get it :scratch:
Cheers
Colin

leo
02-10-2008, 09:14
Send Arcam a email asking where you can get a service manual, just say you have one for repair, Arcam normally send you the service manuals free of charge in pdf;)

colin.hepburn
02-10-2008, 11:09
Thanks LEO
Have sent email to Arcam so heres hoping i tried this with marantz some time ago for service manual never even got a reply from them why do some company's invite you to contact them for these types of info and then not bother to reply to the senders :steam:
Cheers
Colin

colin.hepburn
03-10-2008, 17:59
Cheers Leo
Now Got a Copy from Arcam:)
Great stuff
Now all i have to do know is wait until Dave,s at Green home Electronics Warranty runs out on the Arcam Alpha 6 CD player too start tweaking it up anyone got some ides on a starting tweak all suggestion's :scratch:welcome
Cheers
Colin

leo
03-10-2008, 20:03
Nice one Colin!
Shame it wasn't a Alpha5/5+, I know those units inside out;)
The Alpha6 uses a complete different dac and audioboard

colin.hepburn
04-10-2008, 11:49
Hi Leo
Well had a good listen to this Arc am alpha6 CD player last night some good blues’ stuff and bottle wine it was sounding fine seems to have a very laid-back but detailed sound :)
Just some general thoughts on tweeting this alpha 6 first up damp the case
Upgrade PSU with faster Diodes and Better Caps i.e. Black gates ???
Change op-amps the 4560D is unknown too me and replace the op27 with some thing better
Or could just leave it alone:scratch:
Open to all suggestions especially on the op-amps
Cheers
Colin