PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something here?

Filterlab
30-09-2008, 21:08
Take a look at this eBay listing for a Jocelyn interconnect priced at a handsome £770. Something doesn't read right to me, are you seeing the same thing?

Jocelyn SPL 0.5m (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250302115107&_trksid=p2759.l1259)

I've sent him a message, I wonder what his reply will be?

Hi there. Now I may be missing something, but in your description you state that this interconnect will out-perform most interconnects under £150, yet you're charging £770 so it should obviously be much better and it consequently isn't much of a selling point. Surely an error in your listing?

alb
30-09-2008, 22:07
That must have been quite a typing error.
However, £50 seems reasonable for a Litz design.

Filterlab
01-10-2008, 08:02
Indeed, he replied quite promptly actually, and a nice guy:

Thanks for pointing out the mistake! I will honor a life time 15% off for all MAD products to you. There is still much to do before the whole thing gets launched. Thanks for visiting.

- ukaudiogalleria

I then sent this:

No problem. Should it read £1500 by any chance? Thanks for the discount anyway, as it happens I am an administrator on a hi-fi forum. I will pop this on a thread. Cheers!

I had this in my inbox this morning:

Dear Filterlab,

The flagship 5n silver 1m is £1388.88, you will get 15% off for that as well. I never compare it with the Nordost Odin, but judge by the material we are far better than Odin. (£8000)! I will let the Hi-Fi Magazine editors to confirm how good they are. A+B test with Kimber our products out perform them.

Pop in to our showroom after it launch in Mid October if you have time. By the way, which forum are managing? I know too little about forums, most time was spent on R&D and now is the time to do some marketing and publicity, otherwise we will vanish very soon.

Best regards

Tim

My Audio Design
1/F 35 Whitehall
London
SW1A 2BX

I will reply a bit later today, there's nothing on the web about the company yet but if they've been concentrating on their product then the publicity would have understandably taken a back seat for now.

Nice chap anyway. :)

John
01-10-2008, 08:18
there a lots of silver cables out there on ebay I even use some myself to good effect I would not pay the £770 but is now corrected to a reasonable price
Think the cable should perform around the £100-150 mark but loads more out ther capable of more

Ali Tait
01-10-2008, 17:08
If you want silver cables it's much cheaper to make your own.I got 10m of silver cable for 25 quid,50m of teflon tubing for 12.Of course you can spend as little or as much as you wish on connectors.Took me about 15 mins to knock up a stereo i/c.Sounds excellent! Certainly an improvement over the set of Chord Company Solid I have.

Filterlab
02-10-2008, 09:48
I don't need any interconnects at all to be honest, I have some really decent ones. I'm simply always on the lookout for the odd listings that ebay brings up now and then. :)