PDA

View Full Version : The AR Turntable - For sale

Jem
15-05-2011, 21:35
This is the classic 'AR Turntable', with wood veneer plinth. Complete with hinged perspex lid (not scratched), original tone arm fitted with a virtually unused Ortofon VMS20E MkII cartridge, and a brand new belt. I have no box, but it does come with the original instruction manual, two spare belts, and a top quality, custom made phono extension cable if desired.

£150 Buyer to collect. Location - Oxfordshire.

The Pink Panther
15-05-2011, 22:15
This is the classic 'AR Turntable', with wood veneer plinth. Complete with hinged perspex lid (not scratched), original tone arm fitted with a virtually unused Ortofon VMS20E MkII cartridge, and a brand new belt. I have no box, but it does come with the original instruction manual, two spare belts, and a top quality, custom made phono extension cable if desired.

£150 Buyer to collect. Location - Oxfordshire.

hi jem,

what is the depth of the turntable?

Jem
15-05-2011, 22:20
hi jem,

what is the depth of the turntable?

Checking it for you now...

The Grand Wazoo
15-05-2011, 22:22
This TT has the Jelco based AR branded arm, right?

DNE
15-05-2011, 22:25
Would you consider posting to yorkshire?

Jem
15-05-2011, 22:28
OK - 15" (approx) - that's front to back at the base of the plinth. Chris - I'm not sure about the arm (no markings), but I'll take a close up photo if you like?

The Pink Panther
15-05-2011, 22:31
thanks very much for measuring

Jem
15-05-2011, 22:33
Would you consider posting to yorkshire?

Probably not - packing it up safely would be a nightmare. I may be coming up to Harrogate around mid-June. I would consider bringing it up with me if you're serious.

DNE
15-05-2011, 22:37
Am serious just stuck for transport at the mo, was directed to your post by a couple of people on the forum, will see if i can get a friend to drive me over, bear with... :)

The Grand Wazoo
15-05-2011, 22:40
OK - 15" (approx) - that's front to back at the base of the plinth. Chris - I'm not sure about the arm (no markings), but I'll take a close up photo if you like?

No, it's OK thanks - I was trying to clarify things for other folks.
The arm will have had an AR logo on top of the bearing housing if it's not still there. Prior to this version, they came with Linn LVX's - the AR one was better in my opinion.

Good luck with the sale!

Jem
15-05-2011, 22:44
No, it's OK thanks - I was trying to clarify things for other folks.
The arm will have had an AR logo on top of the bearing housing if it's not still there. Prior to this version, they came with Linn LVX's - the AR one was better in my opinion.

Good luck with the sale!

Ah...DNE perhaps? :) I can't see an AR logo anyway.

Jem
15-05-2011, 22:48
Am serious just stuck for transport at the mo, was directed to your post by a couple of people on the forum, will see if i can get a friend to drive me over, bear with... :)

OK. If you're really interested send me a PM with your mobile number maybe and we can talk about how to meet up. Looks like around 60 odd miles from Scarborough to Harrogate, but I guess the petrol would still be cheaper than the packaging / courier / postage / insurance...?

DNE
15-05-2011, 22:49
I have a friend down in Lynham next week could collect and bring back for me, am happy at £150 pm me

Jem
15-05-2011, 23:12
I have a friend down in Lynham next week could collect and bring back for me, am happy at £150 pm me

You getting my PM's?

DNE
15-05-2011, 23:14
Yes mate, sorry the wine is flowing, have replied.

Rare Bird
15-05-2011, 23:22

Thats the correct arm Chris..Alphason 'xenon' would be nice on it..

Jem
15-05-2011, 23:27
Thats the correct arm Chris..Alphason 'xenon' would be nice on it..

I have a feeling this is the AR arm. Must have lost the AR sticker..??

Marco
16-05-2011, 17:13
Hi "Jem",

Just a quick one... Could you please add your real first name and basic location to your profile, as this is now required from all members.

Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

Jem
16-05-2011, 17:26
Hi "Jem",

Just a quick one... Could you please add your real first name and basic location to your profile, as this is now required from all members.

Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

Done.

Marco
16-05-2011, 17:32
Thanks, Jeremy - good luck with the sale :)

Marco.