PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Springsteen - 'Live At The Main Point 1975'

Neil McCauley
13-05-2011, 16:29
"This recording of a concert Bruce and the E-Street Band played in Philadelphia in February 1975 really is that of a legendary Springsteen show, a seminal moment in his career, a classic performance and an essential part of any fan's library of The Boss's work. This is one of his greatest ever performances."

CD1
1. Intro 2. Incident on 57th Street 3. Mountain Of Love 4. Born To Run 5. The E Street Shuffle 6. Wings for Wheels (Thunder Road) 7. I Want You 8. Spirit In The Night 9. She's The One 10. Growing Up 11. It’s Hard To Be A Saint In The City 12. Jungleland

CD2
1. Kitty's Back 2. New York City Serenade 3. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) 4. 4th Of July, Asbury Park 5. A Love So Fine / Shout 6. For You 7. Back In The USA

Fi-Wi
13-05-2011, 18:07
Who's quoted?

Neil McCauley
13-05-2011, 18:44
Who's quoted?

The supplier.

s70rmp
14-05-2011, 10:25
it is an excellent bootleg, I have the Great Dane Master Plus issue of it.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-qaZ6T2oEcuw/TW-NB-uiMfI/AAAAAAAABJ4/wWfpIZoCWnc/STIATMPS_frt.jpg

Fi-Wi
14-05-2011, 10:34
The supplier.

Aha, then who are we to argue that? :eyebrows:.

I am not saying that it isn't though, I never heard that particular album.

s70rmp
14-05-2011, 11:12
This is an excellent Bruce Springsteen show

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/9ea848722d46449ee9f261df2cf7231c/1438869.jpg

Set List: Badlands / Streets Of Fire / Spirit In The Night / Darkness On The Edge Of Town / Factory / Promised Land / Prove It All Night / Racing In The Streets / Thunder Road / Jungleland / The Ties That Bind / Santa Claus / Fever / Fire / Candy’s Room / Because The Night / Point Blank / Mona – She’s The One / Backstreets / Rosalita / Born To Run / Detroit Medley / 10th Avenue Freeze Out / Raise Your Hand / Quarter To Three

Notes about the show: Broadcast on KSAN in San Francisco, CA. The stretch run of the Darkness tour featured several differences from early in the tour, most notably Bruce’s regular inclusion of "The Fever" and "Point Blank," as well as opening the second set with "The Ties That Bind." This show is another nomination for greatest show of all time, and another show with which you should start your collection. The performances of "Prove It All Night," "The Promised Land," and "Backstreets" are some of the best of all time. It was first released on CD by Great Dane Records as "Live in the Promised Land," and then Crystal Cat released their version called "Winterland Night," and the remasterer extraordinaire Prodigal Son released his version called "Prodigal Son at Winterland." It should also be noted that this show was another of the early vinyl bootlegs, also called "Live in the Promised Land," but the source tape was from the broadcast and does not include the last two songs. By this time, Bruce knows that radio broadcasts really help the bootleg industry, and he dedicates "Racing in the Street" to all the guys on Kingsley and Ocean Avenues (along the Jersey Shore) who will hear this show "through the magic of bootlegging." This was Bruce’s last radio broadcast until July 3, 1988.