PDA

View Full Version : Eccleston Works speakers

Neil McCauley
26-09-2008, 19:16
Good evening all.

Has anyone here had direct personal experience of Eccleston Works loudspeakers?

Thanks

Best

Howard

---//---

Mike
26-09-2008, 19:47
I'm afraid I've never even heard of them! :dummy:

Snoopdog
28-09-2008, 13:44
Good evening all.

Has anyone here had direct personal experience of Eccleston Works loudspeakers?

Thanks

Best

Howard

---//---

Howard,

I think you mean Eggleston Works!

I heard a pair of their Wegg3 speakers (William Eggleston III) in an Absolute Sounds demo at the Heathrow hi-fi show about 3yrs ago. The amplifiers were dartZeel and I was most impressed with the sound (very detailed and dynamic and a compact enclosure).

Steve

Mr. C
28-09-2008, 18:08
A relative of mine has a pair of the Ivy's, impressive until you hear the drivers :-(
Mind you they do weigh best part of 800Lbs lol!

Neil McCauley
30-09-2008, 09:13
Howard,

I think you mean Eggleston Works!

I heard a pair of their Wegg3 speakers (William Eggleston III) in an Absolute Sounds demo at the Heathrow hi-fi show about 3yrs ago. The amplifiers were dartZeel and I was most impressed with the sound (very detailed and dynamic and a compact enclosure).

Steve

Hello Steve. Thank you for this. Quite correct; poor spelling on my part. Eggleston are now with Signature Audio Systems - suppliers to me of PS Audio gear. I believe that I'll give a listen to them.

---//---

Neil McCauley
30-09-2008, 09:15
Mind you they do weigh best part of 800Lbs lol!

That knocks the mail order aspect right on the head then I guess.

---//---

Mr. C
30-09-2008, 10:40
Howard,
It took a a fork lift and 4 guys to install the Ivy's, stunning in a Gothic churchyard way!
cabinets are really dead, problem is it highlights the quality (or lack of as the case maybe) of the drivers. However one seriously large and impressive sound.