PDA

View Full Version : Traders - Your thoughts on forums

Marco
03-02-2008, 22:07
Hi Richard,

Are you from the trade or just a fan of NVA? Just thought I'd ask so I know whether to upgrade you to Trade Member :)

Marco.

WikiBoy
03-02-2008, 23:18
Hi Richard,

Are you from the trade or just a fan of NVA? Just thought I'd ask so I know whether to upgrade you to Trade Member :)

Carry on with the excellent pictures, chaps!

Marco.

You can call me what you like as long as you don't want to charge me 50 quid :mad:

Steve Toy
03-02-2008, 23:23
Trade membership is free here and will remain so for a long time yet.

WikiBoy
04-02-2008, 00:00
Trade membership is free here and will remain so for a long time yet.

Well give me plenty of warning before you change it, so I can leave on my own accord. Then I don't have to be booted and banned when receiving an invoice and refusing to pay it, as happened with both PF and Wigwam :mad:

Steve Toy
04-02-2008, 01:00
People in the trade can always post as non-trade members anyway. Besides, we are not planning to charge as we wish to encourage the trade to participate here in a way they don't elsewhere.

Marco
04-02-2008, 06:48
I take it that's a "yes" then, Richard? ;)

All I'm hearing these days is moans about PFM, Wigwam and ZG. Hey, anyone who's not happy there is most certainly welcome here :)

I'll upgrade you to trade member forthwith. Feel free to advertise or promote NVA in the trade room or wherever else appropriate.

Marco.

Filterlab
04-02-2008, 08:47
Well give me plenty of warning before you change it, so I can leave on my own accord. Then I don't have to be booted and banned when receiving an invoice and refusing to pay it, as happened with both PF and Wigwam :mad:

LOL!

I can't understand charging trade members personally, surely it's an honour to have their advice and wisdom rather than a way to make money. :confused:

WikiBoy
04-02-2008, 10:16
LOL!

I can't understand charging trade members personally, surely it's an honour to have their advice and wisdom rather than a way to make money. :confused:

It gets more bizarre than that. Because I have made a point of not lying down and putting up with it recently even mentioning nva is now banned and any threads praising it are locked (be rude or critical and it is not locked :(). It is claimed this is because of the forum rules as banned individuals cannot be talked about. BUT nva was not banned, an individual called Richard Dunn was banned for not giving them money. So rules are being bent in order to satisfy the ego and greed of the owners and a fully fledged nazi type sensorship is in place. Sick people in a largely sick industry where behaviour like this is common place amoungst some retailers distributors and manufacturers. Well IMO it is changing, the industry is going back to its enthusiasts roots of the 50's and early 60's, even a lot of product is going back that way as it is realised that in a lot of ways the baby has gone out with the bathwater in the pursuit of digital and other chip based electronics. Convenience and music are difficult bedfellows and IMO will split. Lets face it men are naturally nerdy geeks who have to have hobbies. Well this market is leaving the mainstream and going back to its source nerdy geeks :D I hope this forum will maintain this trend and lets get back to that source, not money, not rip-off prices and products, not 50% mark up retailers, not biased advertising based magazines. But enthusiast builders and designers talking to and supplying enthusiast music lovers - the way it was and should be again!

If others want to comment and this thread is going to run perhaps admin can make a new thread with it as gromit is having his thread hi-jacked.

Filterlab
04-02-2008, 10:35
I think you've made some excellent points there Richard and it's clear that you are monitoring the market carefully.

On The Art of Sound our first prerogative was to get as many trade members on as possible, be it whether they are manufacturers, dealers or press members. Their 'close to the game' knowledge and industry awareness proves invaluable to consumers and consequently we want that accessable to our consumer members (which make up the bulk of course). Now to charge for that information and knowledge would essentially be shooting ourselves in the feet and would neither help those in the trade or the consumers. In this day and age of the internet it's very difficult to get good advice simply because the web is awash with nonsense and arguments so to get good honest advice from decent traders is a real boon to a site like this.

Whether a manufacturer / dealer promotes his or her own products is neither here nor there as an honest trader (and hi-fi is an honest industry) will only promote where there is a potential for satisfaction. i.e. If someone requires an amplifier to drive incredibly insensitive speakers to concert levels, a trader selling 1 watt valve amps is hardly going to suggest his product as a potential good investment.

So with this in mind we aim to get as many trade members in as possible, we won't charge them and we WILL allow them to promote their good wherever they feel their products are of noteworthyness. We will not be banning anyone or bending any rules, we'll simply be embracing trade members knowledge and advice. :)

http://powermoms.net/images/smiles/soapbox.gif

Marco
04-02-2008, 10:37
Richard,

Sure! Sound like a good idea, as long as it's not a blatant slagging off of other forums. Keep things polite and the criticism constructive and we won't have a problem. As soon as either myself or Rob get a chance we'll move your comments from here and transfer them to a new thread :)

I'm glad you're starting to 'loosen up' a bit now after your somewhat tentative (although understandable) approach before. Don't worry, we don't bite! :D

I think you'll find that The Art of Sound will fulfil your needs nicely. I won't comment on the decisions made by other forum administrators as it isn't our policy.

Marco.

Filterlab
04-02-2008, 11:00
...As soon as either myself or Rob get a chance we'll move your comments from here and transfer them to a new thread :)

I've done that bit, this is the new thread. LOL! :D

Steve Toy
04-02-2008, 11:11
I agree with all Rob's sentiments above.

Mr. C
04-02-2008, 11:27
I feel it is down to the particular forum on weather they wish to impose a levy or not.
Some participants feel it makes 'their' forum too much like a shop, while other like the idea.
A balance is necessary, how you achieve this is down to the forum organisers themselves.
Though do becareful not to show you are actually putting effort into your business project, as it seems to cause issues with members who have this age old British ability to attack people actually prepared to get off their proverbial and make it work!
Still its a funny old world!

Filterlab
04-02-2008, 11:45
...Still its a funny old world!

There's no doubting that! :D

Steve Toy
04-02-2008, 11:55
The biggest problem with charging trade members for the privilege of posting replies to queries or suggestions to hi-fi issues that may result in them making a sale, are that they may then decide to hit the place with their sales pitch more indiscriminately just to get their money's worth.

Filterlab
04-02-2008, 12:35
I agree with all Rob's sentiments above.

This is why I like Steve so much; He's a man of few words, but he knows where he stands.

:)

Wolffy
04-02-2008, 14:18
Would like to throw my two pounds of flesh into the skillet on this subject.
It certainly is just delightful to see a different approach and attitude which is being promoted by the administrators toward trade people.
Over in the states, most manufacturers are terrified to go into forums since most are controlled by administrators and users which have their personal agendas as to which trade members are promoted. This usually is exclusive to trade members that are willing to sink thousands of dollars into buying their way into acceptance.
The end result is of no benefit to the general population of the forum. Many manufacturer’s making stellar products and have a working knowledge of things that work well and things that do not are destined to remain silent.

Just mention the name of your company or product and immediately the moderators come in and erase the post. Not even mentioning healthy debating by a manufacturer. Most trade people that have spent years in design and build processes are very honest about their product and I believe that many of them can share their experiences and concepts with others. Whether or not their design philosophies are accepted is beside the point. The objective is to throw concepts and ideas on the table to provide consideration.

A good example is about five years ago when after pondering the problems that RFI can cause in a sound reproduction system, I hypothesized the use of carbon to control some of the downsides. I was told I was an idiot, and that I was an absolute idiot for using carbon in power cords. My reply at the time was that the word “can’t” was not in my vocabulary and that I was very grateful that the “engineer” that was challenging my direction had not worked with the Wright Brothers. . To sum it up. Even though this was forum is outside of the states, I for one and very grateful to see this posture of openness by everyone.
Regards,
Michael

WikiBoy
04-02-2008, 15:01
Would like to throw my two pounds of flesh into the skillet on this subject.
It certainly is just delightful to see a different approach and attitude which is being promoted by the administrators toward trade people.
Over in the states, most manufacturers are terrified to go into forums since most are controlled by administrators and users which have their personal agendas as to which trade members are promoted. This usually is exclusive to trade members that are willing to sink thousands of dollars into buying their way into acceptance.
The end result is of no benefit to the general population of the forum. Many manufacturer’s making stellar products and have a working knowledge of things that work well and things that do not are destined to remain silent.

Just mention the name of your company or product and immediately the moderators come in and erase the post. Not even mentioning healthy debating by a manufacturer. Most trade people that have spent years in design and build processes are very honest about their product and I believe that many of them can share their experiences and concepts with others. Whether or not their design philosophies are accepted is beside the point. The objective is to throw concepts and ideas on the table to provide consideration.

A good example is about five years ago when after pondering the problems that RFI can cause in a sound reproduction system, I hypothesized the use of carbon to control some of the downsides. I was told I was an idiot, and that I was an absolute idiot for using carbon in power cords. My reply at the time was that the word “can’t” was not in my vocabulary and that I was very grateful that the “engineer” that was challenging my direction had not worked with the Wright Brothers. . To sum it up. Even though this was forum is outside of the states, I for one and very grateful to see this posture of openness by everyone.
Regards,
Michael

You see this all the time, as cartels and cliques are created throughout the industry, and have been since the "everything can be measured so there is no need to listen" brigade dominated the industry in the early 1970's. This was just so obviously a load of old trollop that when the opposing clique and ultimately cartel of Linn and Naim (and their approved products) took hold it was far from a surprise. That has held sway for a long time and has only been seriously challenged recently. It even had the ability to "allow" to exist or destroy the credibilty and the ability to make a living of many long missed and excellent British cottage industry products in the late 80's and early 90's. This was caused by the tied up dealership cartel based on artificial (and arguably illegal) dealer contracts. Look at the interest and the prices on ebay of these products now, as a new generation discovers our lost Hi-Fi industry.

Do we learn from this Nah!! as soon as someone has an idea or success then in come the clique and cartel mentality again. Be it forums as discussed in this thread, manufacturers and retailers as with for example the ever emerging valve and horn market. Or even again now with the hard drive and computer based exponents. Will we ever learn? or are the poor enthusiasts destined to be just patsies for our egos and desires for fast cars and big homes.

Well how about this - I propose starting a clique (which obviously then eventually will become a cartel) of the open minded. You will only be allowed to post or manufacture or sell if you accept the possibilty that spreading marmalade on a printed circuit board might just improve its musical ability and sound. There is a very good possibilty that it wont, but who am I stop crazy loveable people enjoying themselves :D

Mr. C
04-02-2008, 15:20
Some very fair observations here guys, and yes Forum owners and moderators have a job to do, not an easy one I can vouch for that!
However, there are seriously bigoted, bias and plain paranoid people on these places, as there are fair minded and reasoned folks too.
Agenda's yes, that seems to crops up from time to time too, were people are accused of having one, or even being subversive in orchestrating one.
The internet is both a wondrous and dangerous place to be, common sense should prevail, however this is not always the case!
Richard, the properties of marmalade are well documented and give rise to a nth degree of proportionate rise in system musicality, therefore I second your proposal sir!

Filterlab
04-02-2008, 15:23
Well how about this - I propose starting a clique (which obviously then eventually will become a cartel) of the open minded.

Sounds like an excellent idea Richard, that's one clique I could happily be a part of, however...

You will only be allowed to post or manufacture or sell if you accept the possibilty that spreading marmalade on a printed circuit board might just improve its musical ability and sound...

But I'm sorry, you're wrong about the marmalade, VERY wrong. You know there's only on thing spread on a circuit board that could possibly improve the sound...

http://www.irishgourmet.co.uk/images/cottage_pride_damson300.jpg

:D

KCI-JohnP
04-02-2008, 15:24
It's really refreshing to see this different approach that you guys across the pond are taking with this forum! Us MFG guys are just as much into audio as the next guy and it sucks when most forums look upon us with hostility just because we are "in the industry". Happy to be here, thank you!!

Best regards,
John

Filterlab
04-02-2008, 15:25
Or for a sweeter sounding hi-fi:

http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/choc%20spread%20x2.jpg

:D :D

WikiBoy
05-02-2008, 12:01
Some very fair observations here guys, and yes Forum owners and moderators have a job to do, not an easy one I can vouch for that!
However, there are seriously bigoted, bias and plain paranoid people on these places, as there are fair minded and reasoned folks too.
Agenda's yes, that seems to crops up from time to time too, were people are accused of having one, or even being subversive in orchestrating one.
The internet is both a wondrous and dangerous place to be, common sense should prevail, however this is not always the case!
Richard, the properties of marmalade are well documented and give rise to a nth degree of proportionate rise in system musicality, therefore I second your proposal sir!

OK human nature is a distinctly peculiar beast, nowt so strange as folk etc etc. BUT there is acceptable behaviour and unacceptable behaviour and when that behaviour originates with the owners and moderators what chance do the simple members have to communicate and learn. A perfect case to point is Zerogain, it has a secret forum on it known as Guards Chat... How do I know this, well when the problem emerged at PF and I publically complained and left I was put under attack at ZG. I fought back which is my nature. They initially didn't ban me but put me on a moderated list which meant none of my posts were put up. At the same time they made the stupid mistake of giving me partial moderator status and access to Guards Chat. Well I then saw the conversations planning the attacks and discussing what to do with me, and who was mostly behind it, For the next 6 months I followed the soap opera of Guards Chat...

Anyway to cut a long story short after 6 months of me reading Guards Chat one of my customers joined ZG and started praising nva - on guards chat they decided he was me in disguise. I contacted the guy (who is a moderator on hi-fi forum, a small UK based audio forum) and he didn't believe me, so I gave him my login... Now it gets *really* bizarre, because he logged in from his IP and ZG has a program for showing up duplicate posters, that completely convinced them he was me. So to protect him I posted to them and explained and owned up to being on Guards Chat by accident. No reply but I was completely booted and Doc Foster (his HFF name) left in disgust with them, and my fun was terminated.

So perhaps now you see why I am so wary of forum owners and moderators - rant over!

Filterlab
05-02-2008, 12:44
So perhaps now you see why I am so wary of forum owners and moderators, who in my experience so far have been largely a bunch of manipulative dishonest individuals - rant over!

Uh oh boys, he's on to us! :D

Mmm, that's a sorry tale of deceit and skullduggery amongst folk who are supposed to share the same interests.

Richard, I can guarantee that nothing like that will happen here. Marco, Steve and myself all sing from the same song sheet in terms of having the ability to recognise that different people find strengths in different methods of music reproduction. We have the ability to understand different opinions and directions of people's search for quality audio (however crazy they may be) and wish to create an environment where folk can come together from anywhere in hi-fi land (whether a dealer, manufacturer, DIYer, enthusiast or journalist) and give their point of view and advice.

We (as admin) don't have a separate area for chatting behind people's backs and we treat everyone's opinion with equal validity - even if we don't personally agree with that opinion. As you said, human nature is a distinctly perculiar beast, but if handled in the correct way there's no reason why two very conflicting points of view can't rub along fine together.

As we all understand there is an 'art' element of constructing a hi-fi, we should all understand that people paint in different directions. Of course without trade folk there'd be no hi-fi, which is why we embrace traders from every walk of hi-fi life (although not in the biblical sense you understand).

:D

Mr. C
05-02-2008, 12:44
Richard, I used to be one of the founding members of ZG along with Stereo Mic (Lovely chap off forum lol!).
I had not realised it had descended into a 'Poor mans masonic lodge' perhaps an outing is in order?
How the might have fallen, to be fair I don't think that practice is solely happening at ZG.
I suspect that when some of the mods/admin end up obtaining equipment from a certain manufacturer/s they then close ranks and protect that interest and see anything than even remotely encroaches on it as sacrosanct and must be dealt with with?
It just goes to show what lies behind the facade.
Who mods the mods?

Steve Toy
05-02-2008, 12:55
All I can say is be careful chaps. I can understand why Richard is sounding off here and I agree that he's had a bit of a rough deal, and one he won't be getting here.

However, we have to remember that the admin/mod guys from the above mentioned forums are looking in. I know this for a fact.

Richard,

Leave your baggage where it belongs and we'll do our best to ensure that you are treated kindly and fairly here.

I'd like to avoid any inter-forum slagfests where possible.

Filterlab
05-02-2008, 12:59
...I'd like to avoid any inter-forum slagfests where possible...

Agreed and it's part of our Ethos.

Steve; great word: 'Slagfest'. Sounds like a really badly organised open air concert. :D

WikiBoy
05-02-2008, 13:16
Richard, I used to be one of the founding members of ZG along with Stereo Mic (Lovely chap off forum lol!).
I had not realised it had descended into a 'Poor mans masonic lodge' perhaps an outing is in order?
How the might have fallen, to be fair I don't think that practice is solely happening at ZG.
I suspect that when some of the mods/admin end up obtaining equipment from a certain manufacturer/s they then close ranks and protect that interest and see anything than even remotely encroaches on it as sacrosanct and must be dealt with with?
It just goes to show what lies behind the facade.
Who mods the mods?

Well between the three of them WW - PF - ZG they have their protection sown up in their rules. You cannot discuss another forum or any problems occuring there. Threads will be removed and you face the possibility of being banned. Cartel mentality as talked about in another thread.

A case of birds of a feather stick together?

Anyway this is the first oportunity and only place where this is allowed to be discussed. Just that makes a large statement as to the status quo in UK hi-fi forum land. Though I will sing the praises of the WW members, who IMO have created a real community even though now it is sensored (not just me, look as Beresford and others). Their "bake-off" system I think is a finger pointing in the future direction of the Hi-Fi industry. I really do think you should implement it here as well.

WikiBoy
05-02-2008, 13:22
All I can say is be careful chaps. I can understand why Richard is sounding off here and I agree that he's had a bit of a rough deal, and one he won't be getting here.

However, we have to remember that the admin/mod guys from the above mentioned forums are looking in. I know this for a fact.

Richard,

Leave your baggage where it belongs and we'll do our best to ensure that you are treated kindly and fairly here.

I'd like to avoid any inter-forum slagfests where possible.

A milder form of sensorship is still sensorship. Baggage is opinion and experience, and on the subject of Hi-Fi is why (supposedly) this forum exists, in order to express it and discuss it. It is a slippery road you take with this post.

Steve Toy
05-02-2008, 13:29
Richard,

I'm in a very difficult position here. I intend to save us and you from charges of libel. Where the L word is mentioned censorship is unfortunately inevitable.

Whether you like it or not, this is the public domain and we are responsible for the outcome of what is written.

Filterlab
05-02-2008, 13:32
A milder form of sensorship is still sensorship. Baggage is opinion and experience, and on the subject of Hi-Fi is why (supposedly) this forum exists, in order to express it and discuss it. It is a slippery road you take with this post.

Indeed, but we don't want to become a place known for inter-forum criticism. In fact we'd like to avoid that as it is counter productive and not helpful to new to hi-fi forum members that know nothing of the past, if anything it puts people off (I know from personal experience) and it could potentially cost business for traders who use this forum.

It's a shame when a forum descends into problem areas but we'll make sure it doesn't happen here - they'll be no cliques, no back stabbing and no bun fights (as Marco calls them, although I've no idea why :confused:), and everyone will be welcome to chat about hi-fi regardless of where they are from or who they've known.

WikiBoy
05-02-2008, 13:48
Richard,

I'm in a very difficult position here. I intend to save us and you from charges of libel. Where the L word is mentioned censorship is unfortunately inevitable.

Whether you like it or not, this is the public domain and we are responsible for the outcome of what is written.

Libel means it is untrue. This is not libel and I have stored a complete record of what has been written on Guards Chat for both my future protection and by implication yours. Apart from that everything I have said is on public record at the forums involved, unless they sensor and bin parts of their archives. So even if they bin the relevent parts of the Guards Chat archive I have it to give for public record if need be.

The L word is oft used to create self serving protection or stop discussion of controversial subjects, what is by far more important is the legal term "fair comment" which is what this thread has been about, and what all forums should be about.

Marco
05-02-2008, 13:53
I agree with Rob and Steve. I'm all for free speech, but unfortuately some of it comes at a cost...

Guys,

By all means express your feelings and concerns about forums but let's not turn this into a 'moan-a-thon'. If you've got gripes about what's happened to you before on other forums try and offer what you see as a solution to that problem rather than dwell on what's happened in the past.

One question I would like to ask all our trade members is what do you think of the forum so far - do you think it's going in the right direction or are we way off the mark?

We will always listen to what people want. The Art of Sound is not the personal playground of the admin staff - it's a forum for everyone, so ALL opinions matter. We didn't start this place to go on a power trip; we wanted to make a genuine difference :)

Constructive feedback appreciated!

Oh, and no more chat about libel, please.

Marco.

WikiBoy
05-02-2008, 14:27
I agree with Rob and Steve. I'm all for free speech, but unfortuately some of it comes at a cost...

Guys,

By all means express your feelings and concerns about forums but let's not turn this into a 'moan-a-thon'. If you've got gripes about what's happened to you before on other forums try and offer what you see as a solution to that problem rather than dwell on what's happened in the past.

One question I would like to ask all our trade members is what do you think of the forum so far - do you think it's going in the right direction or are we way off the mark?

We will always listen to what people want. The Art of Sound is not the personal playground of the admin staff - it's a forum for everyone, so ALL opinions matter. We didn't start this place to go on a power trip; we wanted to make a genuine difference :)

Constructive feedback appreciated!

Oh, and no more chat about libel, please.

Marco.

The "a-thon" is being created by the three of you. My comments could have just been left to stand. I have made a public point but you have now scuppered anyone elses chance to comment on it.

Anyway on to your second point. Encourage so called "Bake Offs" and sharing of product. I for one will put on record that for any Bake Off advertised and gathered here for members of this forum I will provide any requested product on loan (if available) to listen to and compare with other loaned or existing product. I believe that bake offs should be themed to only one or two specific areas or you just end up with a cable changing fest.

Filterlab
05-02-2008, 14:28
The "a-thon" is being created by the three of you. My comments could have just been left to stand. I have made a public point but you have now scuppered anyone elses chance to comment on it.

I think you'll find that your comments are still there Richard.

WikiBoy
05-02-2008, 14:30
I think you'll find that your comments are still there Richard.

Not what I meant, you have asked other people not to comment on it!

AND I have just discovered you have sensored the most relevent parts of the post discussing it. I would understand the name of the culprit being removed but the rest was very relevent!

Marco
05-02-2008, 15:04
Anyway on to your second point. Encourage so called "Bake Offs" and sharing of product. I for one will put on record that for any Bake Off advertised and gathered here for members of this forum I will provide any requested product on loan (if available) to listen to and compare with other loaned or existing product. I believe that bake offs should be themed to only one or two specific areas or you just end up with a cable changing fest.

Great idea! Noted. Who's first? :)

Marco.

Filterlab
05-02-2008, 15:12

That's a good point. I've never been to a bake-off although I can understand how it would become a cable swapping affair.

Steve Toy
05-02-2008, 16:17
Marco and I had a mini-bake off yesterday. We didn't swap any cables but we did swap a few amps around. The combination I settled for was my Spectral pre into that valve power amp.

Marco
05-02-2008, 19:15
Oh yes, and most interesting and educational it was, too - another (steep) learning curve in the audiophile life of Mr Toy, I feel... ;)

Valves rule! :p

Marco.

Steve Toy
05-02-2008, 20:27
Valves rule!

I wouldn't go that far. I still thought the Spectral was more insightful and communicative than the Croft which was very good at doing the valve thing.

The valve power amp just got out of the way and let the music speak for itself.

Steve Toy
05-02-2008, 20:32
I'd be interested to hear the Puresound valve amp.

Marco
05-02-2008, 20:36
LOL. I wasn't talking about the Croft, mate. I was talking about power amps. The valve amp annihilated your Densen (and my ECS monos)!

So you might need to change your avatar ;)

Marco.

jimdgoulding
06-02-2008, 05:56
I'm happy that trade membership is encouraged. I see this as mutually advantageous. Not long ago, I knew of a dealer who was eliminating his stock of Green Mountian Audio speakers. I'm pretty sure you guys don't know about GMA. Yanks might. Anyway, GMA's top shelf two way stand mounts are $3500US and the dealer was letting go for $1600US. That may not have done you blokes any good, however. They weigh 60lbs a piece. They are moulded from concrete and resin (talk about inert). The shipping cost would have killed you. Fantastic sounding speakers, tho. Because you're me mates and I was in a position to know about it, I would have made an announcement here and will in the future if something comes my way. But, if the forum is good to me, I could reconcile an ad fee or something "further down the road" (Bobby Blue Bland). Cute, huh.

Filterlab
06-02-2008, 11:30
...Cute, huh.

Very 'cute' Jim. :)

We love our potential offers of interesting stuff here!

WikiBoy
07-02-2008, 00:55
I see you have managed to see off a troll who tried to bomb the forum. I wonder who that was :mental:

Also just found this PM, I think you are going to come under attack. There is nothing like success to wind some people up.

"Come to HiFi Talk where itz all talk and none of Marcos Bullshit!

http://hifitalk.forumotion.cm

$10 for all new signups for a limited period!"

Vinyl Grinder
07-02-2008, 01:28
$10 for all new signups for a limited period!"

This section is the give away :rolleyes:

Marco
07-02-2008, 01:36
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your support. We know who this guy is, and frankly he's a joke so the least said about him the better. If you're extremely bored (and I mean very!!) have a look at his site and you'll see what I mean :mental:

I doubt you'd want to join.

Marco.

Steve Toy
07-02-2008, 02:10
I'm surprised at him tbh. Why has he waited until day 16 to cause trouble here?

Vinyl Grinder
07-02-2008, 02:56
Sami Day..

Gromit
07-02-2008, 11:00
I'd be interested to hear the Puresound valve amp.

It's very,very good Steve. ;)

greenhomeelectronics
09-02-2008, 09:03
Some interesting points here. An early experience I had on another forum nearly put me off for life. I joined and was then asked for a sum of money as I was clearly a trader. This sum was duly paid and I thought I would make my first post. I had a good look through the forum first and liked what I saw so I thought I would be a nice guy and offer all forum members a discount against my wares. This was seen by one fine upstanding member of the forum as being blatent advertising and an offence significant enough to have me flogged in public and beaten about the head with a back issue of What hifi while baying crouds watched on. Fortunately the mods just moved the post and slapped my wrists, warning me that if I did it again I would be banned from posting ever again - lucky escape eh? This surprised me somewhat as I still don't see that I did anything wrong, I thought I was doing the forum a favour while bringing a bit of business my way - that's what businesses exist for after all.
I am glad that this forum is different, I like the attitude and approach and sincerely hope that it grows without trolls wrecking it.
I might even offer everyone a discount voucher when I have topped up my audiophile section a bit...
Regards and best of luck to all,
Dave.

Steve Toy
09-02-2008, 12:43
The trolls will get bored + we are dealing with them.

I might even offer everyone a discount voucher

Who are we to look a gift horse in the mouth?

WikiBoy
09-02-2008, 22:57
Some poor bugger emailed me earlier today enquiring about some of my amps. I adviced him to ask at forums because asking me if they are good is a bit of a waste of time :)

Anyway he made the mistake of signing on and asking at wigwam, the only surprise is his thread lasted about an hour before disapearing without trace. Not very efficient sensorship to let it linger for an hour :p

There also seems to be an interesting saga developing there about Mr C. The WW owner has put up a disclaimer about something that looks a bit nasty. Whats going on Mr C - if you can share, by PM if you wish :rolleyes:

(edit) Thread has now reappeared (wanted to put emoticon with question marks over its head, but you cant use emoticons on edit, why?)