PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: STAX headphones

Complin
07-05-2011, 13:11
Looking for a set of STAX electrostatic headphones with or without their energiser

phoenixpete
10-05-2011, 16:13
Hi.

Any particular model you are after?
I have a pair of the "New SR3" earspeakers with an SRD-6 energiser.
The SRD-6 does not require mains connection which is handy, it is passive.
The SR3s I bought a very long time ago but have very rarely used them.
When I bought them from KJ leisuresound in Watford they needed a bit of a service and I had new diaphrams,new lead and new ear pads fitted, so allthough they are quite old they are in very good nick.
If you are interested let me know and I can add a picture or 2.

I would be looking at £100 plus p&p

P.S.
Obviously you would be welcome to come and have a listen! (Not sure where you live)?

Pete.

Marco
10-05-2011, 16:29
Looking for a set of STAX electrostatic headphones with or without their energiser

Hi mate,

On your next visit, could you please add your first name to your profile, as this is now required from all members. Cheers!

Hope you find your headphones :cool:

Marco.

Neil McCauley
10-05-2011, 16:34
This might help > http://not-boring-honestly.blogspot.com/search?q=stax+reliability

If looking at 007 Omega earspeakers (pre 2008 year issue) in particular, try them and when playing music or speech gently move the input leads that enter both ear-cups. No need to pull or twist. Just move them slightly. If you hear ANY crackling or rustling then walk away. They cost a small fortune to fix.

Complin
11-05-2011, 12:58
Hi.

Any particular model you are after?
I have a pair of the "New SR3" earspeakers with an SRD-6 energiser.
The SRD-6 does not require mains connection which is handy, it is passive.
The SR3s I bought a very long time ago but have very rarely used them.
When I bought them from KJ leisuresound in Watford they needed a bit of a service and I had new diaphrams,new lead and new ear pads fitted, so allthough they are quite old they are in very good nick.
If you are interested let me know and I can add a picture or 2.

I would be looking at £100 plus p&p

P.S.
Obviously you would be welcome to come and have a listen! (Not sure where you live)?

Pete.

Thanks looking for something from the Lambda, Sigma or Omega series preferably

Complin
11-05-2011, 13:01
This might help > http://not-boring-honestly.blogspot.com/search?q=stax+reliability

If looking at 007 Omega earspeakers (pre 2008 year issue) in particular, try them and when playing music or speech gently move the input leads that enter both ear-cups. No need to pull or twist. Just move them slightly. If you hear ANY crackling or rustling then walk away. They cost a small fortune to fix.

Thanks for the head up

phoenixpete
11-05-2011, 13:37
Thanks looking for something from the Lambda, Sigma or Omega series preferably

Ok Malcolm, no worries. A few of those usually turn up on ebay from time to time.