PDA

View Full Version : 7520/Caiman owners: are you used to the beeps/chirps?

Yoga
05-05-2011, 13:04
Afternoon all :¬)

As the Caiman sits on my desk, I noticed it 'chirping' (short beep) after the end of a sound playing (pressing pause in player, changing a track, emptying trash etc.).

Stan, who was very helpful as usual, mentioned it's the mechanical relay. I'm not 100% sure if it's something that I can get used to. Although it is very cute :¬)

Have you guys gotten used to it, or even noticed it? :¬)

Thanks,
Ross

WAD62
05-05-2011, 13:29
Afternoon all :¬)

As the Caiman sits on my desk, I noticed it 'chirping' (short beep) after the end of a sound playing (pressing pause in player, changing a track, emptying trash etc.).

Stan, who was very helpful as usual, mentioned it's the mechanical relay. I'm not 100% sure if it's something that I can get used to. Although it is very cute :¬)

Have you guys gotten used to it, or even noticed it? :¬)

Thanks,
Ross

I only have a TC-7510, connected to the digital output of my soundcard, no beeps chirps or anything of that nature...sounds like you have a computer configuration issue. :)

If you are using windows make sure your soundscheme is set to 'no sounds'

Yoga
05-05-2011, 13:45
I only have a TC-7510, connected to the digital output of my soundcard, no beeps chirps or anything of that nature...sounds like you have a computer configuration issue. :)

If you are using windows make sure your soundscheme is set to 'no sounds'

It's from within the unit itself (tried with both TOSlink and USB (in this mode it bypasses other sound configurations)). I can mute the Mac and still hear it chirping as I pause tracks etc. Does the same on the MBP as well.

WAD62
05-05-2011, 14:27
It's from within the unit itself (tried with both TOSlink and USB (in this mode it bypasses other sound configurations)). I can mute the Mac and still hear it chirping as I pause tracks etc. Does the same on the MBP as well.

Ah...at this point I'll dip out, it's certainly not a 'feature' on my 7510, on which I use the 'passive out' ;)

Interesting...

slate
05-05-2011, 14:28
You can find a workaround from Stan here http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?p=190954

as you can see in the thread some choose to remove the relays

I still have to perform the operation myself

Alex_UK
05-05-2011, 14:40
Hmmm... just tried very hard to listen to mine (no mods other than the Gator board) and I can't hear any squeaks or other noises. :scratch: That said, I do get the first second or so of some tracks cut off if the gap between them is too big - which indicates that the relays are working(?) and in itself might be enough for me to consider the mod.

WAD62
05-05-2011, 14:43
Hmmm... just tried very hard to listen to mine (no mods other than the Gator board) and I can't hear any squeaks or other noises. :scratch: That said, I do get the first second or so of some tracks cut off if the gap between them is too big - which indicates that the relays are working(?) and in itself might be enough for me to consider the mod.

...that would drive me mad Alex, you're obviously a more patient soul than I :)

Yoga
05-05-2011, 14:47
You can find a workaround from Stan here http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?p=190954

as you can see in the thread some choose to remove the relays

I still have to perform the operation myself

Thanks, bit of a pain for a complete DIY novice like myself, with no tools whatsoever :¬)

Yoga
05-05-2011, 14:48

That would be a show stopper for me :¬)

Alex_UK
05-05-2011, 15:02

To be fair Will, it is only VERY seldom - I can only think of one album off the top of my head that it does it on that I play regularly - which is why it hasn't bothered me enough to do anything about it. :)