PDA

View Full Version : FS: Linn Keilidh Speakers

chrism
04-05-2011, 10:33
Anyone want a pair of black Linn Keilidhs whith the bolted on Kustone stands (Linn ones). The cabinet condition is ok with a few marks on them and the grills are a bit worn as well but they do sound better with them off.

The tweeters have been upgraded to the newer Ninka style.

Was thinking of £130.00 but you will need to collect them from Sheffield (and give them a once over).

I can add a couple of photos later if anyone is interested.

Regards

Chris

southall-1998
04-05-2011, 15:53
Good price, and nice speakers too.

chrism
10-05-2011, 15:57
Anyone interested in them.

Anyone interested if I break them down into parts?

Say stands at £55.00, 6x bass cones at say £14.00 each, 2x tweeters (Ninka) at say £17.00 each really great solid cabinets at say £25.00 each etc?

Regards

Chris

wardsi
22-08-2011, 13:36
Hi Chris - I know you posted the original message back in May, but do you still have the Keilidh stands / tweeters for sale ?

Regards,
Simon Ward

DSJR
22-08-2011, 13:55
GAWD they're cheap!!!!!!

If someone hasn't already snapped 'em up, they bloomin' well should and make them active. Tri-amped active, they're an easy 8 Ohm (ish) loading, the midrange comes up and they sound really great, very clear and un-fatiguing and with a decent well controlled bass.

chrism
22-08-2011, 15:08
Hi Chris - I know you posted the original message back in May, but do you still have the Keilidh stands / tweeters for sale ?

Regards,
Simon Ward

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunately no one else wants anything so my idea of breaking them up was not well received.

Am thinking about modding them with a self built high quality crossover arrangements instead.

Thanks for the interest though.

Regards

Chris

wardsi
22-08-2011, 15:45
Chris

Understand that you wouldn't want to break them up if you don't have a taker for the bass units etc. I would be interested in just the stands, leaving you with the speakers themselves, or possibly the complete pair together with the stands.

However if you're set on using them as a project base then tell me to go away !
:)

Regards,
Simon

Marco
22-08-2011, 15:50
Hi Simon,

Welcome to AoS :)

Could you do me a favour please and pop into the Welcome area and say 'hello', introducing yourself to our community, by telling us what system you use and what music you like?

This is required of all new members joining our community. Cheers, mate! :cool:

Marco.

Thing Fish
22-08-2011, 16:15
I might be interested in the tweeters as I have Keilidhs with the old style ones in. Do they make a difference? I would assume so.

chrism
22-08-2011, 16:48
Chris

Understand that you wouldn't want to break them up if you don't have a taker for the bass units etc. I would be interested in just the stands, leaving you with the speakers themselves, or possibly the complete pair together with the stands.

However if you're set on using them as a project base then tell me to go away !
:)

Regards,
Simon

Hi Simon,

If you can come and have a listen and collect from Sheffield they are yours for £120.00. Will throw in tea/coffee and biscuits!

Not in bad condition just a few marks on them and the fabric covers have a few small holes in the corners. One of the levelling spike plastic covers is missing but I am sure that you could find a look a like.

Regards

Chris

wardsi
22-08-2011, 17:57
Chris - sounds like a deal - I could get over Tuesday or Thursday evening if that's any good ?

Not sure what the forum protocol is - do we move to 'private message' for address details etc. ?

Thanks,
Simon

chrism
22-08-2011, 19:22
Chris - sounds like a deal - I could get over Tuesday or Thursday evening if that's any good ?

Not sure what the forum protocol is - do we move to 'private message' for address details etc. ?

Thanks,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Just need to rig up an F connector on my cables and swap them into my set up for you.

I will PM you with the details.

Regards

Chris

Thing Fish
22-08-2011, 21:08
And the tweeters...?

chrism
23-08-2011, 07:50
And the tweeters...?

Hi,

Simon is having the speakers and stands so sorry I will not need to split everything up afterall.

Thanks for the interest though.

Regards

Chris

DSJR
23-08-2011, 09:45
I might be interested in the tweeters as I have Keilidhs with the old style ones in. Do they make a difference? I would assume so.

The ribbed standard speakers were a lot less gritty sounding than the mesh covered ones, the Kabers being transformed for the better IMO with this done. I understand the Ninka tweeters have a slightly different sensitivity though, although they should fit ok. The passive Ninkas sounded like rougher, unrefined active Keilidhs and got far better used active (easy to convert too).

If you lot ever wanted a donor speaker of later drivers for Keilidhs, cheap Keosa's or Kan 3's may be worth looking out for. The Kan 3 wasn't bad at all for £300pr although the "in thing" Quad 11L looked a lot better at the time and sold better too.....

chrism
23-08-2011, 19:20
Got the Keilidh's up and running for Simon's demo - had to "F" connect my cables. Forgot how good they are and totally agree with Dave about them. They are built like tanks!

The new tweeters (3 bar type) give a smoother sound than the original type (domes with black mesh which I still have). They are a well worth upgrade.

I will enjoy listening whilst I have them!

Regards

Chris