PDA

View Full Version : FS- Akai at 580 tuner

zanash
01-05-2011, 11:49
For sale is this early seventies am fm tuner ...The condition of this unit is pretty good for its age , though there are a couple of dings in the wood cheek plates. At the rear the fuse holder is slightly broken.There is some corrosion on the bare metal ferrite rod bracket , and some of the rca sockets could do with a good clean. I've had this tuner powered up ...and very much to my suprise it was pulling in several fm stereo transmission ...with out having an aerial attached. In am mode the reception is very good with lush rich tone, much the nicest am section on a tuner I've heard . I used the variable head phone output in to a set of dt990's for the testing , I think you can tell I was impressed. If I had space ..this unit would not be up for sale.

The dial is blue...rather than the green one seen in a thread on this forum ...and yes I should have photoed the unit switched on ...but hay ho hindsights a fantastic thing!

in deference to my previous adds ...I'm not even going to try and use the photo link ....but just give you the straight photobucket urls for the pics.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x431/fatkatoo/hifi/akaiat580600rear.jpg

http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x431/fatkatoo/hifi/akaiat580600front.jpg

This tuner is for sale at £35.00 ono plus postage cost

This is part of a cornucopia of hifi that a mate's uncle had collected over the last 40 years .....sadly he is terminally ill and is now in long term care. As such his house has been cleared and sold to cover the care costs.

if you need more info please contact me ...though as previously stated the tuner is not in my possession and will take a couple of days to arrange collection or inspection.

Spectral Morn
01-05-2011, 12:29
I have one of these and for the price being asked it is very good value for money. The display should be blue, so the one on sale is correct.

Regards D S D L

zanash
01-05-2011, 12:36
cheers mate !

Spectral Morn
01-05-2011, 12:39
cheers mate !

No problem Pete :cool:

Regards D S D L

The Vinyl Adventure
01-05-2011, 12:48
I've been thinking about trying something different to my sansui ... So if you can hold fire till I sell that I'll take it off you!
Unless you wanna swap it? ;)

Anyone wanna buy a really nice condition sansui 317 ... £35 + postage :)

zanash
01-05-2011, 12:54
ok provisionally the tuner is reserved by hamish ...

The Vinyl Adventure
01-05-2011, 12:59
Nice one buddy!
I'll get an add up here and stick mine on eBay this avo...