PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

tony t
30-04-2011, 09:49
Hi everyone, just a few lines to introduce myself.

My name is Tony, i'm 41 and love all types of music especially 80's Soul/Funk and late 80's/early to mid 90's House/Techno and electronica.
I have around 2000 vinyls and a few hundred CD's.

My system is:
Audio Note Oto SE w/Border Patrol PS
Impulse H2s
Thorens TD 160 Super w/SME Series III
Technics SL1210 Mk II w/Rega Rb250
Thorens TD 150 Mk II w/ AT 1005 Mk II (in pieces atm, my new project)
Pioneer PD S801 w/MF VDac
Sony S 570 ES Tuner
Dell XPS Tower as music server

I am very interested in learning to make things myself so over the next few weeks I will be having a go at making my own cables (I have managed to fix and re-site externally the power supply for the Td 150).

I am interested in modifying my Technics and thought a good start would be to remove the power supply and make it externally boxed in an aluminium case and rewire the Rega myself with some Copper Litz Tonearm wire.

Good luck,
Tony

Darren
30-04-2011, 10:23
Go Tony,
Welcome aboard. I'm Darren aged 43 and a few weeks.... :)
Love those single ended Audionotes. Bet the Oto sounds great into the horns.

MartinT
30-04-2011, 10:42
Hello Tony, and welcome. The Impulse H2s have a great reputation although I've never heard them. You'll find lots of info on the Technics and external power supplies, including re-housing the internal one. Keep us informed on the AT rebuild, that's a great arm.

The Vinyl Adventure
30-04-2011, 10:45
Hi Tony

I'd be interested to see how the external psu goes for the techie

If you take out the pay board and transformer is it as simple as just extending the wire to the on of switch and the 2 wires that connect to the main board?

I'd always assumed it was but I'm told it might not be so simple?

Alex_UK
30-04-2011, 12:00
Hi Tony, I'm 42, 2 months and 13 days. ;)

Good choices of music, there - and nice kit too :)

Hope you enjoy the forum and don't end up too broke after you get some ideas for your Techie... :eek:

Marco
30-04-2011, 12:08
Hi Tony,

Welcome to AoS :)

Glad another Techy user has joined the fold... Let's see if we can help you better that RB250, though! ;)

What cartridge are you using on it?

Marco.

Jonboy
30-04-2011, 21:16
Hello Tony and welcome, nice amp;),

tony t
01-05-2011, 08:04
Thanks for the welcome everyone, the cart I am using at the moment is a Goldring 1042.

Is it worth removing the power supply and mounting it off-board or should I just save up for a upgraded power supply or is there instructions out there on how to make your own(I prefer to diy if possible)?

Tony