PDA

View Full Version : FS - Grado SR-325 Headphones (Prestige Series)

The Grand Wazoo
28-04-2011, 17:16
After much soul searching and despite my wife telling me not to do it (which is an unheard of state of affairs in this house), I've decided to sell my headphones.

I need the cash to fund some other 'diversions' and when it comes down to it, I actually hardly ever use them. This is not because I don't like them, but that we have 4 different systems in the house & it's easy enough to go & find somewhere to listen to music in a place that won't disturb anyone else.

They're absolutely fantastic headphones & if I ever need another pair, it'll be another pair of these that I'll be looking for. I chose them above the others I auditioned because of their forensic abilities to see how music is constructed.

Even when I have used them, it's only normally been for very short periods in order to listen deep into the mix of a recording to hear something in particular. This is precisely the reason I got them rather than to listen late at night or something. So I would say that they have genuinely only been used for less than 10 hours altogether for the entire time I've had them.

All of this means that this pair have hardly been used, which is good for you if you need a pair of phones!

They were bought new by me, never raced or rallied and I'm asking what seems to be the going rate - £180 £160 + p&p (at cost - no more, no less)
PM if interested.

Price reduced by £20 to £160 on 13th May.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2465/dscf3286h.jpg

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/8726/dscf3285.jpg

Cheers

Yoga
06-05-2011, 08:21
Hey bud, just to confirm, these are not the is versions?

The Grand Wazoo
06-05-2011, 16:07
Hey bud, just to confirm, these are not the is versions?

That's correct!

Yoga
07-05-2011, 08:35
That's correct!

Performance wise, do you know if there is much difference?

The Grand Wazoo
07-05-2011, 09:08
I'm sorry, I wouldn't know as I've never compared them - apparently the difference was new drivers and cable but whether that makes them better or just different is something I can't tell you, I'm afraid. No doubt the web will be stuffed full of quotes from Grado and retailers telling you that they are better, but then they would, wouldn't they? I've looked, but I can't find an actual unbiased comparison.

Yoga
07-05-2011, 09:44
I'm sorry, I wouldn't know as I've never compared them - apparently the difference was new drivers and cable but whether that makes them better or just different is something I can't tell you, I'm afraid. No doubt the web will be stuffed full of quotes from Grado and retailers telling you that they are better, but then they would, wouldn't they? I've looked, but I can't find an actual unbiased comparison.

Yes exactly, always difficult to compare objectively.

<In the style of The Magic Roundabout>

"Of course it's MUCH better!", said Mr Sales Rep.

The Grand Wazoo
07-05-2011, 09:49
At the moment these are only advertised on AoS because I'd like prefer them to go to someone here, but I may have to shuffle them over to Ebay before long.

The Grand Wazoo
13-05-2011, 19:40
I'll knock twenty quid off my price for these, so now it's:

£160 + p&p (at cost - no more, no less)
PM if interested.

The Grand Wazoo
27-05-2011, 23:00
OK then folks, if you've got the slightest hankering to own these phones, then now's your chance before I expose them to the mercy of Ebay.

I may entertain a near offer. (....but please don't be offended if my definition of 'near' is different to yours & I refuse you!)

Cheers

The Grand Wazoo
01-06-2011, 22:24
Sold!

The phones are now sold.
Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Barry
02-06-2011, 17:37
Well done Chris.

Regards