PDA

View Full Version : Inner sleeves

Jac Hawk
26-04-2011, 21:22
Hi guys, i'm needing to get some new inner sleeves and read a few posts on the subject but for the life of me i can't find the thread again, so any suggestions? i've heard the Nagaokas are great but a bit fiddley to work with:scratch:

Stratmangler
26-04-2011, 21:33
Gratuitous thread starter.
Use the search facility:lolsign:

sparrow
26-04-2011, 21:52
Cheapest I could find were e bay..or Covers 33..

Jac Hawk
26-04-2011, 21:56
Gratuitous thread starter.
Use the search facility:lolsign:
found loads on ebay mate but, which are the best to go for:scratch:, i've never bought any before and i'm simply looking for advice from folks that know a lot more than me:ner:

Stratmangler
26-04-2011, 21:59
Top of this web page - there's a search button. Click on it and enter search parameters;)
Don't have to go anywhere near Ebay.....

Barry
26-04-2011, 22:04
Hi guys, i'm needing to get some new inner sleeves and read a few posts on the subject but for the life of me I can't find the thread again, so any suggestions? i've heard the Nagaokas are great but a bit fiddley to work with:scratch:

The Nagaokas work, but are awkward as they tend to crumple. I would recommend the Goldring items referred to in the thread: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10390&highlight=sleeves .

Regards

Thing Fish
26-04-2011, 22:07
I'll answer your question Jac as no one else willing to have a stab.

I've tried a few. The best were - the Nagaokas which were good but a bit fiddly as they are record shaped and really need to go inside standard record covers. The Goldring ones, these are stand alone covers (so to speak) and are a lot easier to use.

To be honest both offer good protection. I went for the Goldring in the end as they were just easier to use.

(Oops answered by Barry as I typed this...)

Jac Hawk
26-04-2011, 23:08
cheers guys:)

spiritofmusic
27-04-2011, 07:36
try sleevecity.com in usa, fantastic product

MCRU
27-04-2011, 07:59
try sleevecity.com in usa, fantastic product

record sleeves from the USA. why?

Jac pm your address and I will send you some f.o.c. cos I'm a nice guy

Rare Bird
27-04-2011, 08:21
Standard poly linned sleeve's do the job they are suppose to, they are more than good enough. Around £20 for 100

MartinT
04-05-2011, 19:17
I still recommend the Nagaokas as they are only slightly fiddly but their anti-static properties are superb and they really do quieten records over the course of a few days.

Put a new record in the Nagaoka, then put both in the existing inner sleeve with the slots corresponding. You can then take the record in and out without the need to ever separate them again.

Jac Hawk
06-05-2011, 20:29
I ended up geting some branded VRP (valuable record protector) off ebay after reading a post from keiths on a different thread, they are really good, very thin polly with a paper stiffener that has the branding printed on it, and you can use them by themselves or they will slip into original inner sleeves, all i was wanting was something that would keep the vinyl clean but these seem to cut out the static as well so i couldn't be happier.

MCRU
06-05-2011, 20:32
Got 500 of those myself, sound!

Jac Hawk
06-05-2011, 21:19
Got 500 of those myself, sound!

I'll know where to get them from when i run out ;) :lolsign: