PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

DavidJPettifor
21-09-2008, 08:23
Hi to all Art of Sound forum goers. Get ready for some dumb questions from an audiophile-phobic! ;)

--
djp

John
21-09-2008, 08:56
Dumb questions are welcomed David. Some of the members here have a really decnt knowledge and its also quite open minded here so enjoy

Marco
21-09-2008, 09:18
Hi David,

Welcome to AOS :)

As John says, fire away with as many questions, dumb or otherwise, as you like!

Can I ask how you found out about us, and where are you from?

Marco.

Beechwoods
21-09-2008, 11:42
Welcome, David. No need to feel like you have to 'put it on' here, least I don't :) What kit have you got? Mine's mostly all vintage, just plain old or MOtR. But it works and gives me pleasure, and that's the main thing I hope you'll agree!

DavidJPettifor
28-09-2008, 22:48
Can I ask how you found out about us, and where are you from?

Googling led me here. As to my whereabouts, for my sins, I inhabit South East London. :)

--
djp

Marco
28-09-2008, 22:52
Thanks, David. Can you please add that information to your profile for the benefit of members reading your future posts?

Enjoy the forum :)

Marco.

DavidJPettifor
28-09-2008, 22:55
What kit have you got? Mine's mostly all vintage, just plain old or MOtR. But it works and gives me pleasure, and that's the main thing I hope you'll agree!

Well my kit is spartan to say the least!

I use an Intel iMac with iTunes and AIFF encoded files, as my source, which is connected via an optical cable to a Beresford TC-7510 DAC. I listen through the TC-7510's in-built headphone amp on my beyerdynamic DT321 headphones. As far as I'm concerned (thanks to the Beresford!) it sounds the biz. :D

--
djp

Beechwoods
29-09-2008, 21:19
A Mac-user, good on you! I have a 1st generation G5 Dual 2Gb PowerMac, though I don't use it as a source much, except for background stuff on headphones. I ought to check out the Beresford DAC. Everyone seems to be raving about them, especially in conjunction with computer audio :) I do most of my listening via Cog. I collect a lot of live audio in FLAC format, and Cog handles that nicely.

PS. I spent a happy 3 years at South Bank University, living in East Dulwich and Herne Hill. South East London isn't that bad ;) I kind of miss Camberwell. Spent many happy evenings at the Cafe Mexicano - knew the owner at the time, and the house band. Great days :)