PDA

View Full Version : My tube amplifier adventure

Lowrider
03-02-2008, 08:52
I had never done more than sticking a sheet of ERS under the lead of a player, one day decided to change that and started with this Chinese amplifier... :o

I will include the link to my page instead of repeating it here, this way it stays up to date... :rolleyes:

My amplifier modifications (http://www.melorib.com/diy.html)

Filterlab
07-02-2008, 12:02
Very nice indeed Antonio, looks very neat and tidy. Was it semi assembled or a bag of bits?

Lowrider
07-02-2008, 12:24
It was assembled, but I removed as much as I could, or thought I could... ;)

Then replaced the tubes, of course, most capacitors, plus the resistors on the input stage, it was fun, and useful to learn how to fix it, as it is a problem for me to get someone to fix it here in Latvia... :rolleyes:

johnrtd
07-02-2008, 21:06
Nice mods Antonio. I see that you used some massive wiring in there. Maybe you should use the same type of wire for the output connections to the loudspeaker terminals?

John

Lowrider
08-02-2008, 06:19
I used what I had arround... :o

While it lasted, I used "thick" silver wire Zanash sent with some bits I bought from him, then I used wire from speaker cable leftovers, single strand silvered copper with thin white isolation...

My soldering technique is very basic, so I try not to touch what I am not modifying... ;)