PDA

View Full Version : Blu rays - what are you looking forward to?

Reid Malenfant
22-04-2011, 17:25
Having just had a look through what's for sale on ebay i spotted one of my favourite films is about to be released :)

The Name Of The Rose (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Name-Rose-sean-connery-Blu-ray-preorder-/370495685248?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item5643438280)

No way will i pay that much for it though :eek:

Actually i'm quite pleased it's a German release as the main audio track will be English DTS-MA (most likely) & the subtitles can be removed ;) Try saying the same with a French release, they force the subs on anything other than the French soundtrack :rolleyes:

Picture quality also won't be an issue :cool:

Just remembered, i'm just about dieing to see season 3 of Fringe & season 2 of V :unfair:

s70rmp
22-04-2011, 18:29
the new AC/DC blu ray looks awesome !

Reid Malenfant
23-04-2011, 20:11
Thanks to MartinT for the reminder :doh: Stargate Universe season 2 please... I just can't get over how the hell they left season 1 on such a cliffhanger :steam: I was cursing & swearing & saying they couldn't do that - but they did! :eek:

Looks like i'll be waiting until July 4th - independence day :eyebrows:

I'm not interested in any other of the stargate series, just this one...

MartinT
23-04-2011, 22:59
Universe is superb, I'm mad that they cancelled it. There's going to be a lot of revelations and closing of loopholes in the next few weeks as season 2 draws to a close.

Do you have all of Battlestar Galactica, including the superb 2-part miniseries pilot?

The film I shall wait forever to come to Blu-ray is The Keep. They'll never do it (directed by Michael Mann, soundtrack by Tangerine Dream, need I say more).

s70rmp
24-04-2011, 07:22
a mate a work managed to get the BSG complete blu ray box set for £60

he says it's stunning quality. S3 E04 Exodus has one of the best moments of
ever - Galatica FTL'ing in to new Caprica is awesome, I'm awaiting for a lend of them :-)

Reid Malenfant
24-04-2011, 11:08
Do you have all of Battlestar Galactica, including the superb 2-part miniseries pilot?
The only bit i have is "The Plan" ;) I'm afraid that the rather heavy grain field put me off purchasing the box set. I just can't stand the stuff & there is no need for it :rolleyes:

I don't mind a bit, but there comes a point where it just becomes pervasive & i can't stop seeing it & it becomes distracting :steam:

slate
24-04-2011, 12:22
BSG is a must if you love Scifi. Received "The plan" the other week but have not seen it yet.

Also got the Alien boxset, 2001 and Blade Runner.

Waiting for... LOTR extended; Got it on DVD and the picture quality is outstanding... I will probably buy it when I see it on sale somewhere, but I am in no rush.
Same goes for Star Wars

MartinT
24-04-2011, 13:46
To be honest, The Plan is the weakest story and seems to have been assembled from extra footage after filming had shut down.

You need the two-part Miniseries pilot that started it all. Trust me, it's superb. I have it on DVD and wish I had it on Blu-ray.

slate
24-04-2011, 13:55
Ive got the full boxset, so got the miniseries, Razor etc...

I read various reviews and I am prepared to be disappointed with the Plan;

Reid Malenfant
24-04-2011, 13:58
You need the two-part Miniseries pilot that started it all. Trust me, it's superb. I have it on DVD and wish I had it on Blu-ray.
Any chance of you linking to one on fleabay Martin so i know what i'm looking for? Blu ray please ;)

Cheers :)

Reid Malenfant
24-04-2011, 16:32
Doesn't look like it's available on blu ray :( I have just spent the last half hour looking for it & only found DVD versions :doh:

MartinT
24-04-2011, 17:29
Damn, I can only find it on DVD too. Maybe I saw it on region 1 when I was in the USA? Anyway, the DVD seems like a bargain from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0001M1JFM/ref=sr_1_5?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1303666075&sr=1-5

Reid Malenfant
24-04-2011, 17:34
I should end up with it this evening for half that price ;) Cheers for taking the time out though Martin :) I actually found it with the blu ray release of season one but this was a 4 BD set & season one is 4 BDs as standard so i think it was once again DVDs..

By the way, i did check worldwide & still no sign of BDs of the mini series :scratch:

Reid Malenfant
24-04-2011, 18:35
That'll do me nicely (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280661485029&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT) :eyebrows:

I'm sure if you are happy with the picture etc Martin it can't be too bad at all ;)

I forgot to add that since yesterday or possibly a little before that ebay is now a snipers dream. Instead of having to open a couple of tabs & fill one in with my bid & then go back to the other & watch the countdown & at the last few seconds flick to the other again to confirm the bid there is a pop up window that counts down on the one tab & you just need to confirm on that one :lol:

MartinT
24-04-2011, 19:37
I think the DVD is pretty good. Hope you enjoy it, Mark, I thought the series was the best SF ever made for TV.

Reid Malenfant
24-04-2011, 19:40
For £2.04 delivered i really can't complain Martin :eyebrows: I'll let you know what i think after it gets here & i watch it, that might take some time though as i must have 100 BDs to watch that i haven't seen yet :doh:

:lolsign:

Reid Malenfant
08-05-2011, 19:51
:lolsign: I guess i should have said something a while ago judging by my last statement :eyebrows:

The Mini Series was superb, considering it is a DVD & the thing is around 2.5 hours or more long, the picture quality was great! Thoroughly enjoyed it, i'm going to watch it again though in the day if & when i get the time as i don't think i saw the last half hour :doh:

Think i was a tad tired & mashed :eyebrows:

s70rmp
08-05-2011, 20:36
My mate watched 13 hours straight of the series !

Cliff
11-05-2011, 09:17
Looking forward to Dario Argento's "Deep Red" on Blu-Ray.
Haven't seen the movie yet but really enjoyed, and own the soundtrack lp of ,"Blow Up", upon which "Deep Red" is apparently based.:)

WAD62
12-05-2011, 13:13
A Fire In Babylon

Out next month...

Cricket, Reggae, and Politics - With my boyhood heroes Michael Holding, Viv Richards, & Cuthbert Gordon Greenwich

Oh and that idiot Tony Greig - 'Grovel' Indeed??? You saffer fool!!!

colinB
12-05-2011, 22:14
Looking forward to that one. Not big on cricket but its a good story.

Just finished Winters Bone blu ray. Very dark story and stereo the dialogue is a bit mumbly but a great picture. The young girl played a great part.

MartinT
14-05-2011, 11:09
Blue Valentine - I missed this in the cinema and want to see it. Looks to be great performances from the two leads.

colinB
14-05-2011, 13:28
Blue Valentine - I missed this in the cinema and want to see it. Looks to be great performances from the two leads.

Got that on my Lovefilm list. Ive also added Walking dead on blu ray to see what the fuss is about.

Reid Malenfant
14-10-2011, 17:31
:steam: :steam: :steam:

I went looking for Stargate Universe season two on blu ray, couldn't find it so figured it hadn't been released over here yet... How wrong i was, it's out on DVD but not blu ray :steam: So first of all they cancel the thing, the only Stargate worth watching imo & then to cap it all they release season one on blu ray, but not season two :donk: :brickwall: :mental:

MartinT
14-10-2011, 18:48
I know - I couldn't understand why they cancelled it, it was the best Stargate franchise by far and had a lot more promise.