PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, this is going to be expensive!

Reid Malenfant
21-04-2011, 20:05
Shopping in my local Morrisons the other day i noticed Tron Legacy is out on blu ray so i decided to check things out just now on fleabay only to discover that the original Tron is also out as well :) I decided to give blu-ray.com a call to see how it reviewed (looks good), Tron (original) is also not bad - or if you like as good as it'll get & then saw Taxi Driver (De Niro) is also now releases on the same format :eyebrows:

I haven't looked at blu rays for a while so have missed out on new releases, i can see a buying session coming up :doh:

Ah well, it's all fun :cool:

MartinT
21-04-2011, 20:08
Save the Blu-ray format for deserving films - some look only marginally better than DVD.

Reid Malenfant
21-04-2011, 20:13
Yes agreed, though it all depends on what you are spinning the disc on & what the display is ;) I have been shocked at some of the stuff i have seen that is rated at 5* for video quality on certain forums & yet i have had old films which were rated lower look better :mental:

MartinT
21-04-2011, 20:52
I hope you have 2001: A Space Odyssey on Blu-ray. Now *that* is a deserving film :)

Reid Malenfant
21-04-2011, 21:01
I hope you have 2001: A Space Odyssey on Blu-ray. Now *that* is a deserving film :)
One of the first i purchased ;) I'm surprised you ask in actuality Martin as I thought it was common knowledge i like that genre, books or films...

Yes, 2001 is particularly good this way as on the 21/9 TV it fills the screen & is scaled to 2560 x 1080 :eyebrows:

Jac Hawk
21-04-2011, 21:53

Not my cuppa tea i'm afraid, clever cinematography, i'll grant you, but for me not something i'd watch twice

MartinT
21-04-2011, 22:09
I'm surprised you ask in actuality Martin as I thought it was common knowledge i like that genre, books or films...

So do I, but it takes time to acquire Blu-rays in place of DVDs. Blade Runner is another must-have but I had a rather good region 1 DVD so didn't replace it until recently.

Wouldn't it be good if some of Iain Banks' Culture novels were filmed? Or Stephen Baxter or Alastair Reynolds? Pushing Ice, for instance, has at least the scope of 2001.

Perhaps this needs another thread?

Zoidburg
22-04-2011, 08:28
The new tron film is one of the most tedious and boring films iv seen in a long time, dont waste your money on it if you ask me. So muc promise and such a waste of the special effects. Even worse than the film itself is the performance of Michael Sheen. Dear oh dear oh dear!

YNWaN
22-04-2011, 08:59
I watched Tron Legacy the other night - I wouldn't bother (looks good, but not actuality that good a film).

Zoidburg
22-04-2011, 09:33
I watched Tron Legacy the other night - I wouldn't bother (looks good, but not actuality that good a film).

Yeah hes right you know.

chris@panteg
22-04-2011, 12:46
One of the first i purchased ;) I'm surprised you ask in actuality Martin as I thought it was common knowledge i like that genre, books or films...

Yes, 2001 is particularly good this way as on the 21/9 TV it fills the screen & is scaled to 2560 x 1080 :eyebrows:

Hi Mark

I would love to see 2001 in Blu Ray on your Telly , the way to see it .

Mind you if only they put up on the Imax in Brum :eek: have you been to an Imax cinema ?

Reid Malenfant
22-04-2011, 16:40
Well i won the blu ray of Tron (original) & Legacy combined in one package :eyebrows: £17.25 with recorded delivery aint bad at all considering they are £13+ each ;) so that's anothe DVD off the shelves & if i remember right that was £20 back in the day :eek:

Hi Mark

I would love to see 2001 in Blu Ray on your Telly , the way to see it .

Mind you if only they put up on the Imax in Brum :eek: have you been to an Imax cinema ?
If you are ever planning on going on a trip that brings you this way send me a PM a day or so in advance & you can pop round & watch it & have a listen to the music system. Just give yourself extra time & Bob's your dads bother :eyebrows:

I haven't been to the cinema in years Chris, apart from the noisy gits stuffing their faces, people getting in the way & talking etc i'd be half dying for a cigarette about 45 minutes into the film. Besides which i just don't need to with a 120" screen on the wall in front of me :lolsign:

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad240/speakermark/projector%20images/Picture022-1.jpg