PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Earthlings...

Yoga
21-04-2011, 17:08
... I'm learning the guitar and always listening to music.

I'm now (wallet-worryingly) starting to want to put together are more enjoyable system for the study :¬)

The source is a Mac with (soon to be) lossless tunes. Thinking about starting the system with a Caiman. I have Sen HD595's (yum) and M-Audio AV40's (to be upgraded with DAC).

In the lounge I have a modest system of:

Denon AVR-2310
KEF iQ5SE
Acoustic Energy Aego's (surrounds)

As with most people, I have an eclectic taste in music. Particularly fond of Pink Floyd, AC/CD, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac and lots of acoustic stuff. On the 'esoteric' side, theres Deuter, Deva Premal, Nick Barber and Maneesh de Moor. On the beats side there's Abakus, Evan Marc, Zero 7 and Trentmoller.

See you around, or, if you know anything about speakers, head over here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10873

:¬)

DSJR
21-04-2011, 17:28
Already have Guv'nor :peace:

Welcome - have some fun :)

Spectral Morn
21-04-2011, 17:39
Welcome to AOS Ross.

Regards D S D L

Yoga
21-04-2011, 17:45
Cheers :¬)

Darren
21-04-2011, 20:23
Particularly fond of Pink Floyd, AC/CD, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac and lots of acoustic stuff. On the 'esoteric' side, theres Deuter, Deva Premal, Nick Barber and Maneesh de Moor. On the beats side there's Abakus, Evan Marc, Zero 7 and Trentmoller.

Hi Ross, welcome to the best hifi and music forum on the internet. Are you a closet hippy? :)

Yoga
22-04-2011, 07:32
Hi Ross, welcome to the best hifi and music forum on the internet. Are you a closet hippy? :)

Haha! Not in the stereotypical fashion, but I do indeed hold some hippy-esque beliefs! :¬)

Beechwoods
22-04-2011, 07:35
Hi Ross, and welcome to AOS :)

Yoga
22-04-2011, 07:58
Hi Ross, and welcome to AOS :)

Alex_UK
22-04-2011, 07:59
Another Norwichian - wecome. I hope you're a Canaries fan and therefore started the BH weekend with a smile. :)

Zero 7 and Trentmoller are exactly my type of music so hopefully we'll trade a few tips - ask Tim (GreatGig)how dangerous (a.k.a. expensive!) that can get... ;)

Enjoy AoS. :)

Yoga
22-04-2011, 20:06
Another Norwichian - wecome. I hope you're a Canaries fan and therefore started the BH weekend with a smile. :)

Zero 7 and Trentmoller are exactly my type of music so hopefully we'll trade a few tips - ask Tim (GreatGig)how dangerous (a.k.a. expensive!) that can get... ;)

Enjoy AoS. :)

Small world! You could say it was a good result ;¬)

The 2 CD version of The Last Resort (Trentmoller) is amazing if you can get your hands on it. Also check out Aes Dana. Leylines is an awesome album!

Tim
22-04-2011, 21:24
Very :doh:

Alex_UK
24-04-2011, 15:06
Small world! You could say it was a good result ;¬)

The 2 CD version of The Last Resort (Trentmoller) is amazing if you can get your hands on it. Also check out Aes Dana. Leylines is an awesome album!

Cool - I'll give that a try on Spotify. :)

http://open.spotify.com/album/1QJjumDylaZdvCRbl5JCj6

Yoga
25-04-2011, 22:16
Cool - I'll give that a try on Spotify. :)

http://open.spotify.com/album/1QJjumDylaZdvCRbl5JCj6

Be sure to check out Lysistrata :¬)

Some more for you:

Evan Marc - Emotional Ecology
Fatali - Re:Construct
Cantoma - Cantoma

And of course, Bonono (Dial M for Monkey, especially).

Alex_UK
28-04-2011, 10:13
Also check out Aes Dana. Leylines is an awesome album!

Just listening to this now on Spotify (appears to be a digital only release?) - you're right - this is freakin' awesome! Thanks for the tip. :)