PDA

View Full Version : The price of Vinyl

aquapiranha
21-04-2011, 06:39
In the news..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110420/tuk-vinyl-inflation-pays-record-return-6323e80.html

Marco
21-04-2011, 08:52
From the article:

A more valuable example is the Rolling Stones self-titled UK debut album with mint copies going for £1,000.

I've got one in condition that I'd rate as 'very good', and also the two albums after it :)

Marco.

WOStantonCS100
21-04-2011, 19:42
I have a feeling I'm about to put by my foot in mouth; but................

There is a side to this vinyl resurgence that bugs the feck out of me and articles like this bring it to light. And, that is it. Blah, blah, blah, whatever, record selling is a business. I worked a couple years part time for a record seller just because I always wanted to work in a place where there was vinyl wall to wall. It was very cool and fortunately the owner wasn't an "opportunist", still isn't. Still this idea of people snatching up records to NOT play them and to wait and hope for a chance to sell them to someone who LOVES the music at a ridiculously high price just makes me want to puke ffs. One of the greatest parts of my music addiction from early on was knowing that after I got my piddling allowance or paycheck, I could actually afford to go down to the record shop and buy a few records or at least one! Rolling Stones, David Bowie... there are millions of those platters about! Makes no frikkin' sense to me to price records out of the reach of young folks (like me kids) and only available to middle age and older blokes like myself. How the hell is that future proofing the longevity of the format???

Ok... :lol: I realize that was just purely a lunatic rant. I beg your forgiveness. :lolsign:

MartinT
21-04-2011, 20:06
Rather like people who collect cars but don't drive them?