PDA

View Full Version : for sale Thorens td 150

zanash
20-04-2011, 14:03
I'm advertising these on behalf of a good friend ...the items belong to his uncle who due to ill health has been forced to move into a care home ...

anyway all the items are located in nottingham ..and if you see anything you fancy we will try our best to let you see the item before purchase ...

I do have some photos and will try to get these up soon ..

the first item is as the srtap line suggest a thorens td 150 ....one own from new not raced or rallied ...fitted with a sme 3009.

we can't find the dust cover ...but it may turn up !

condition is very good [near immaculate] for its forty years plus ...

It does have its original packing ..but this has not survived quite so well !

I've had it run up and working ...but I don't have any lps to check the sound and speed ....

I would think that all its going to need is an oil change and a new belt ...

with this is a second sme 3009 [obviously not mounted ] but this could be used for spares as it doesn't have any arm cables ..other than that it seem complete ..

cost for the tt and both arms £300

I've just seen two sme3009 go for £200 plus on flea bay ...so there could be a bargin or two here !

Marco
20-04-2011, 15:07
:worthless:

Marco.

zanash
21-04-2011, 15:21
thank you for your words of encouragment ...do you do the same on all the for sale threads ...must soak up loads of your time ?

unless of course your interested ...why didn't you just say so ?

I did say that I will put up the pics when I have some time to sort through them...but as others have done I'm happy to organise something in the mean time if their interested in the unit and not just time wasting.... capiche

[this is said with tounge in cheek!]

Marco
21-04-2011, 15:27
Sure, no worries - as was my smiley indended as 'tongue-in-cheek' :)

However, all for sale ads should really be accompanied by photographs of the item(s) concerned, especially when it's something as significant as a turntable.

The fact is, folk like to see what they're buying... Therefore, personally, I would delay posting an ad until I had the necessary pictures, if you want to achieve maximum impact.

So get yo' ass in gear, boy, and post some pics of the lovely Thorens, capiche? ;)

In the meantime, have a free bump on me!

[All said in the spirit of tongue-in-cheekedness].

Marco.

southall-1998
21-04-2011, 21:07
Not a very nice attitude Zanash.

Spur07
22-04-2011, 08:05
thank you for your words of encouragment ...do you do the same on all the for sale threads ...must soak up loads of your time ?

unless of course your interested ...why didn't you just say so ?

I did say that I will put up the pics when I have some time to sort through them...but as others have done I'm happy to organise something in the mean time if their interested in the unit and not just time wasting.... capiche

[this is said with tounge in cheek!]

it probably does soak up a fair bit of his time, and he's probably not interested, because he happens to be the site administrator

zanash
27-04-2011, 08:58
Not a very nice attitude Zanash.

sorry ........what does tongue in cheek mean !

humour doesn't always convey on forums ...thats why I added the post script .

zanash
27-04-2011, 09:00
I'm assuming that ..none of the comments are because your interested in the item ?

but many thanks for bumping the thread !

Marco
27-04-2011, 09:20
Lol - and there's STILL no pics!! :lol:

If you'd stopped yapping, and gone and got yer camera, you might have made a sale by now! ;)

Marco.

Rare Bird
27-04-2011, 09:26
I'd be tempted to split..you'll get the money cable or not. One arm £150, the other arm £180.. £40 for the motor unit alone.

Tim
27-04-2011, 09:38
Well I could have been interested, but I'm not buying anything without seeing some good pictures and descriptions :scratch:

By the way Pete, if you check the sites terms regarding selling, there is a sticky entitled 'Rules for selling - READ BEFORE POSTING PLEASE'

ALL sales threads MUST include a photo of the actual item for sale, or if a picture is not available, please link to a comparable image of the item.http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33

So can we maybe have a group hug and start again, as I don't think you will get many takers without pictures and with luck you may get your sale and everyone wins :)

:cool:

Marco
27-04-2011, 10:25
Well observed, Tim. Of course, I was trying to be subtle! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Tim
27-04-2011, 11:09
Well observed, Tim. Of course, I was trying to be subtle! :eyebrows:

Marco.
I guessed that Marco, but I have never been known for my subtlety!

I really would actually like to see some darn pictures as I'm considering a TT - see what you guys have done . . . I only came here to read about Stan's DAC :doh: And you had me box swapping at the weekend trying a budget DVD player with a Digital output against my MF A3 CDP. I must have looked quite funny sat with a blindfold and a broom handle!
:lolsign:

I'm seriously starting to think I'm loosing the plot :mental:

Alex_UK
27-04-2011, 11:25
I guessed that Marco, but I have never been known for my subtlety!

I really would actually like to see some darn pictures as I'm considering a TT - see what you guys have done . . . I only came here to read about Stan's DAC :doh: And you had me box swapping at the weekend trying a budget DVD player with a Digital output against my MF A3 CDP. I must have looked quite funny sat with a blindfold and a broom handle!
:lolsign:

I'm seriously starting to think I'm loosing the plot :mental:

Love it! :lol: Wish you'd taken some pictures though - although hitting the shutter button with the broom as well may have proved a challenge!

zanash
30-04-2011, 16:44
As stated the unit is not mine and so previously I was unable to acquire the requisite permission to photo the TT, as it was locked away .

here are some quick snaps for those of you who have expressed an interest in this item ...thats humour again for those who are deficient in its appreciation !

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/random_stuff/picture.jpg

I do not know why the perspex was screwed to the plinth ...any ideas ?

this is a closer shot of the arm

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/random_stuff/picture-1.jpg

a little over exposed.......... I'll fiddle with it later

zanash
30-04-2011, 16:46
now thats odd I can't see the photos probabley user error !......oh well there here

http://theartofsound.net/forum/album.php?albumid=85&pictureid=490
http://theartofsound.net/forum/album.php?albumid=85&pictureid=489

Reid Malenfant
30-04-2011, 16:51
Well they look to be there to me :scratch:

Beechwoods
30-04-2011, 16:52
The VB implementation of Photo Albums leaves something to be desired. It seems it doesn't treat it's pictures like proper images :scratch:

I've copied your pictures and made them IMG linkable. Let me know if you update any of them.

MartinT
30-04-2011, 18:16
I really would actually like to see some darn pictures as I'm considering a TT - see what you guys have done

LOL - you know you want one, Tim :)

Just imagine how much more music you'll have access to / need to purchase!

zanash
01-05-2011, 07:22
cheers ....any ideas if it was a error on my part ?

I can now see the pics ...

As previously stated if anyone wants more information or images please pm and I'll then sort the images out via email .

And finally I'm doing this as a favour for a mate with a termainally ill uncle ...so I'd appreciate a little slack !

I could have stuck them straight on to fleabay , but thought I offer you lot first chance ....

Rare Bird
01-05-2011, 12:56
Just to point out that TD150 is a MK.I (Lift & turn control)

Still got it's 'Made In Germany by EMT under swiss licence' armboard

zanash
01-05-2011, 13:10
glad someones familiar with it

DavidF
02-05-2011, 00:22
glad someones familiar with it

Wouldn't mind this to go with my 160. :)

Well beyond my means tho'.

zanash
05-05-2011, 09:37
this will go to the bay ..if theres no interest