PDA

View Full Version : Super-arms for sale

nat8808
17-04-2011, 15:41
I've a couple of fantastic arms for sale: AO PU7 and FR FR64x

A 10" Audio Origami PU7! A prototype that Johnny made in 2007 I think to test finishing. Rose gold armtube, black anodized bearing housing and brass endstub/weight.

In great condition - super smooth bearings, no play. Cardas 33 in one piece all the way through. Linn mounting. Box too and some paperwork.

10" arms are about the best compromise in my opinion for most suspended decks as it's about the longest you can accommodate and often you're precluded from using parallel trackers because of the weight.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6482/p1010108ji.jpg

Asking £800 or near offer.

-------

Second up is a Fidelity Research FR64x.

Still considered by many to be the BEST removable headshell arm available, better than the previous incarnation the FR64s (if only they made the FR64x in stainless steel..). In black as they all are.

In great shape with smooth bearings, no play etc

Silver internal wire (original) and original external lead (don't know what this is made from). Headshell is as originally supplied (according to the original owner) but to me is just a standard, light headshell and in silver.

Legend of an arm and sought after too - £750 to take into account the headshell (as opposed to the more usual £900 plus people ask).

I'll take a photo of this and better ones of the PU7 this week.

What am I going to use you may ask? A Sumiko 'The Arm' MDC 800 - needs some work but might see if I can modify it ala Funk Firm's FXR II by putting in an I-beam instead of the foam fill as it has a similar diameter tube.

Rare Bird
17-04-2011, 15:46
Nice PT there Nat

I'm sure you'll sell the Fidelity Research easy enough..

Marco
17-04-2011, 17:20
Hi Nat,

Second up is a Fidelity Research FR64x.

Still considered by many to be the BEST removable headshell arm available, better than the previous incarnation the FR64s (if only they made the FR64x in stainless steel..). In black as they all are.

In great shape with smooth bearings, no play etc

Silver internal wire (original) and original external lead (don't know what this is made from). Headshell is as originally supplied (according to the original owner) but to me is just a standard, light headshell and in silver.

Legend of an arm and sought after too - £750 to take into account the headshell (as opposed to the more usual £900 plus people ask).

I'll take a photo of this and better ones of the PU7 this week.

Please do! I may be interested in this myself :)

Marco.

Rare Bird
17-04-2011, 17:42
Nice one Marco

nat8808
17-04-2011, 18:57
Oooo - be nice to have it talked about and loved on here.

I'll get to it tomorrow!

nat8808
17-04-2011, 18:58
Nice PT there Nat

I'm sure you'll sell the Fidelity Research easy enough..

Bit adicted to PTs - have an Anniversary at the moment. Still got the Export there but the power supply's playing up..

Rare Bird
17-04-2011, 19:20
Bit adicted to PTs - have an Anniversary at the moment. Still got the Export there but the power supply's playing up..

I had the GTi supply i my LPT? Just recap it nat

nat8808
02-05-2011, 10:04
Think I will... the motor does that thing of jumping about, which is normally caps.

I've actually started a new thread for the FR64x now cos it took me a long while to take photos. PU7 will be another thread too.