sastusbulbas
03-02-2008, 04:45
Just thought I would say it!

And, I guess, ask who all uses it?

:)

Marco
03-02-2008, 08:10
Erm, I've got 'one or two' bits...

Is this the Mana boys room then? Get Timbo in, too, and Snapper qualifies with his Soundbases :cool:

Marco.

sastusbulbas
13-02-2008, 22:46
I recently got some Mana Soundbases for speakers, size 2? for Linn Kans and such, 3 pairs, and two pairs which were made for Neats. (Thanks to a certain PFM member offering me a superb deal and delivering, thankyou)

I have previously installed a set under my bedroom speakers with marked improvement.

And have now a pair under my bigger Kef R107 with similar gains in the bottom end and presence band.
It was quite nice to see the boards on these Mana Bases were exactly the same depth as the R107, and just over 1cm wider at each side. Though I do have these Soundbases sitting sideways I do not think it matters?

I had standard spikes and Superspikes for the Kef, the old standard spikes were a little worse for ware, and the super spikes initialy seemed to look too high and over egg the puddin, but what I should not have done on the initial listening before changing my Kef foot arrangement was listen to re-masters I had bought. These were slightly louder and compressed compaired to the original, which threw me a bit during evaluation.

I have at the moment felt pads instead of spikes on the Kef, and it all seems good, but will probably experiment with spikes again too.

stax10000
15-02-2008, 19:34
Can any one clarify what happened to Mana for me?

I have been searching for information, but it seems they have gone out of business. Also I didn't know that they sold stainless steel stands either, were these painted or supplied as their natural colour?

Regards Stax

artist
17-02-2008, 18:23
Mana are no longer

stainless were ok when powder coated but looked crap when polished,i had a 5 tier ss in black and 2 ref tops polished i sold the lot mved onto something better

Mike
17-02-2008, 18:44
:no:

Marco
17-02-2008, 19:59
Mana are no longer

stainless were ok when powder coated but looked crap when polished,i had a 5 tier ss in black and 2 ref tops polished i sold the lot mved onto something better

LOL. Ahem... In your opinion! :ner:

;)

Del's right, though. Mana are no more, but you can easily have the stuff made. That's what I've done to great effect!

Marco.

Vinyl Grinder
17-02-2008, 21:38
Or buy RATA 'Torlyte'

:lolsign:

:trust:

Marco
17-02-2008, 21:52
Aye, if you don't mind a load of glorified fish crates as a hi-fi rack! :rolleyes:

;)

Marco.

Vinyl Grinder
17-02-2008, 23:34
Aye, if you don't mind a load of glorified fish crates as a hi-fi rack! :rolleyes:

;)

Marco.

:lolsign:

http://www.russandrews.com/article-Mainly-Naim-sheppard_system.htm